PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Makadi Nahas

AmbroseBierce
24-04-2006, 22:02
Here are two songs by Makadi Nahas (?) - apparently a singer from Jordan - I found somewhere on the net. I'd be happy if one of you could tell me more about her and about the kind of music she is making.

Compared to the very serious stuff you are posting and discussing these days in the Egyptian section, this is rather light music. Still I like the voice a lot. It is just plain and simple, very pure, and to me the music reminds me of Oriental Christian hymns - maybe because of the simplicity?

Najib
25-04-2006, 11:40
Had to move it because it's all Gulf dialect, nothing to do with Syria and Lebanon.

Nice voice, however she loses the plot a bit when it comes to the high register.

أبو علاء
25-04-2006, 12:43
I was myself puzzled with the dialect she's using. The musical style does remind of some Christian orthodox chants (doesn't it, Najib?). But the name itself is uncommon... A funny enigma.

3amr
25-04-2006, 18:00
I remember she was hosted by Zahi Wehbe on khalleek bil beit (future TV).

As I remember, she is indeed jordanian, and she recorded a number of traditional iraqi pesstehs and folksongs, these could be among the number, there is however a problem with the accent (although it could be simply her mistakes, or alternatively, the lyrics were taught to her by an iraqi with a particular regional accent I'm not familiar with).

you'd need an iraqi to judge, which I am not.

abusalmaa
25-04-2006, 18:02
Had to move it because it's all Gulf dialect, nothing to do with Syria and Lebanon.

Nice voice, however she loses the plot a bit when it comes to the high register.

Najib,
Salam and with all due respect this is not a Gulf dialect. It is the Jordanian Bedu Dialect which is part of Al-Sham region.

Abusalma

شادي الالحان
25-04-2006, 19:36
مكادي اردنيه بالفعل
"لكني اعتقد ان هذا الملف من البومها " كان ياما كان
الذي تغني فيه باللهجه العراقيه