PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Mutran Samuel Daoud

rajikhalaf
06-05-2006, 02:34
I figure this is the place to share these. Enjoy.

Jacques
06-05-2006, 14:36
شكرا جزيلا !!
أعجبتني كثيرا
هل هي مأخوذة من القداس ؟ لأنني لاحظت استعمال آلات موسيقية في الخلفية

If you have more of these, please do share :)

Najib
06-05-2006, 20:06
Sometimes you wait all your life to listen to something as gorgeous and as surprising as this.

Of course I've heard of North America's Samuel Daoud and his legendary Kanun playing, but I've never heard him until now!

Thank you very much Raji.

I'm pretty sure this is a private recording as now way anyone dares to introduce instrument in a Greek Orthodox mass.

Thanks a lot, what a surprise!

rajikhalaf
08-05-2006, 01:31
Here are some more...

My grandfather met M. Samuel on several ocassions. He is the most unique and interesting chanter I have ever heard. And his control and vocal quality are incredible.

rajikhalaf
08-05-2006, 17:04
Yes, this was not recorded as part of a service. The kanun and violin are wonderful aren't they? By the way, do you know what the man is saying when he introduces the song? I can't make out that first word before he says "........Mutran Samuel Daoud..."

Najib
08-05-2006, 18:01
Hi he says Niyafat al Mutran ...

To use "Niyafat" means that the guy introducing/recording is from a Catholic-Arabic background, because the Orthodox would use "Siyadat" :-)

Thanks for the fantastic recordings.

any more info on the guy when did he die etc...?

And by the way the hole thing reminds me soo of Ishasc El Ghazi (this time a Rabbi with music)!!

Check him out in the Turkish section!

rajikhalaf
08-05-2006, 23:06
Met. Samuel was Orthodox, so I'm not sure why they would use "Niyafat". His Eminence died in the mid-60's I believe.

Najib
09-05-2006, 12:04
I know that Met Samuel was Orthodox, but what I meant is that the chap introducing him and recording him wasn't.

The last two files by the way (Doxologia) need to be joined as they are one piece.

More comments later.