PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Two dawrs by Dawud Husni

theoudman
19-03-2006, 15:58
This is the least I can do after all the great files you guys contribute.
Here is first dawr asir el ishq in maqam shawq afza sung by Dawud Husni

The file has been replaced by a better quality one.

أبو علاء
19-03-2006, 16:11
I wish all those who have little to contribute were like you.:) This dawr was the most appreciated one by Dawud Husni in the beginning of the previous century. Zeryab posted it in his forum. It was the first Arab composition were zirkulah (also called zunkulah or zinjran) mode was used.

theoudman
19-03-2006, 18:55
You know, I considered classifying this dawr as zangiran but thought that shawq afza (Bb, C, D, Eb, F, Gb, A, Bb) was more correct especially for the beginning of the dawr(because it doesnt use the hijaz tetrichord on the bottom). Why did you classify it as zangiran?
Since you metioned Daoud Hosni, here is shiribt el sabr interpreted by him.

The file has been replaced by a much better copy.

أبو علاء
19-03-2006, 19:27
It is indeed commonly classified as shawq 'afza, but it's the presence of hijaz even though not yet systematic that made me say this was the first time zinjran was used. It is generally admitted that the first ever zinjran composition was Sayyid Darwish dawr Fi shar'i min. We had an interesting discussion on the subject in Zeryab forum with the same Zeryab and Najib. I have to add, however, I'm musically illiterate in the sense that I only rely on my listening "skills" in determining various modes. I don't read music sheets and don't have the slightest scientific knowledge of maqams. By the way, I moved the posts to a new thread so that the files don't go unnoticed.

theoudman
19-03-2006, 19:44
Right, the dawr by Sayid Darwish fi shar'i min, is zangiran - along with ya halawt el donia by Zakariya Ahmad, dawr howa da yikhalas composed by Zakariya Ahmad(sung by Oum Kalthoum) - attached
Zangiran maqam - C, Db, E, F, G, A, Bb, C
Shawq Afza maqam -C, D, E, F, G, Ab, B, C (transposed to C)
Examples of Shawq Afza - the 2nd part of Mohamed Abdel Wahabs el bortuqal - ya mafigertou, also i attached a part of lesa faker that is shawq afza as well.

fredlag@noos.fr
28-04-2006, 13:30
Dear Oudman,

Your "asir el-3eshq" was recorded by Dawud Husni in the 1932 congress. He recorded asir el 3eshq on 4 sides, HC94 and HC95
Your "sherebet es sabr" is the double face HC 93

أبو علاء
07-05-2006, 14:28
My apologies to everybody. I've been trying to put order in some of the threads and had to move these posts to a standalone thread because they had nothing to do in the Zaki Murad thread. I had to alter some of the posts accordingly for the sake of clarity and consistency.

أبو علاء
01-05-2007, 17:37
Both files have been replaced by better quality copies kindly provided by our dear friend Albert Zaki Baruch El-gamil who, in turn, got them from Dawud Husni's son Badi' Husni and his cousin David Marzuq who is also member of . this forum. I would like to thank them all for their generosity and dedication.

Najib
01-05-2007, 17:44
A big thank you for Albert, Badi', and David you are so spoiling us on this site.

Thank you very much.