PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Interesting Website: Music & Texts

AmbroseBierce
10-05-2006, 22:09
By chance I found an interesting website offering several texts (including two by our friend Frederic Lagrange) and a couple of musical pieces by Abdel Hay Hilmi, Saleh Abdel Hay and others. I don't know enough about the subject to tell whether these are important pieces, but may well be.

http://www.concours-arabe.paris4.sorbonne.fr/cours/mahfuz.html

Hattouma
11-05-2006, 12:12
Waw ..Great Ambro , I Didn't hear this Saleh Mawwal before ...Enjoying it now :D

أبو علاء
11-05-2006, 22:43
Thanks Paul. Actually, this site is dedicated to the preparation of an academic examination in France called "Agrégation" of Arabic language, literature and civilisation. Fred is in charge of one of the questions in the programme and the texts posted there relate to that question (Naguib Mahfuz novel 'awlad haritna). The mp3 files posted there are recordings of songs mentioned in the novel.

AmbroseBierce
11-05-2006, 23:22
Thanks for the clarification, Mohsen. Can you translate the title of the Mahfuz novel for me? I have read quite a few of his books (some of them I really love) and wonder if I know that particular one. Maybe I can re-read it and at the same time listen to these songs.

Hattouma
11-05-2006, 23:50
Thanks Abu Alaa ...Paul ,The English Translation available in Amazon is called : Children of the Alley (which is almost a literal translation ..in arabic it is , children of our alley )

AmbroseBierce
12-05-2006, 00:56
Aah, I know that book and I like it. Thanks.