PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Another request...

TruePharaoh21
23-05-2006, 05:49
Hey everyone,

So, I was hoping that some of you guys would have some concerts for Farid el-Atrache that are rare to find. For example, I only have 1 concert recording for Awel Hamsa (as provided on 6arab), and 3 Adil Rabih's (1 from 6arab, 1 from 1964 once provided by the owner of faridelatrache.com, and the studio recording).

Recordings for those would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if you're fans of Farid or not, so I'm not sure how readily available files will be, but I am willing to wait as I know that you all are quite helpful and will do what you can. Please, let me know.

TP21

Najib
23-05-2006, 11:30
Unfortunately you're not going to find many Farid fans here!

I think Umm Kulthum (pre-Abd el Wahab of course) is the maximum that we can tolerate!

If you dig deeper in the muntada, you can understand why. All the foreign influences that the likes of Abdel Wahab, Farid, Baligh have introduced in the Arabic music have damaged it beyond repair.

It is a chance here for everyone to discover the jewels of the Nahda era. Something alas is now hardly kept in religious music, and practically disappeared from everywhere else.

And really this is not a matter of taste. It is a matter of the very mission that this forum adheres to.