PDA

: More from Cinucen Tanrikorur

AmbroseBierce
06-06-2006, 00:31
Friends, thanks to an unknown benefactor hiding under the nickname "karakoc" I have more music by Cinucen Tanrikorur. This guy converted an old Kervan Müzik cassette tape called simply "Cinucen Tanrikorur-1" into mp3 files and uploaded them at some other forum. In the following posts I'll upload all of them here - very beautiful music (not that I expected otherwise).

AmbroseBierce
06-06-2006, 00:44
Here is the second part.

AmbroseBierce
06-06-2006, 00:52
Here is part 3.

AmbroseBierce
06-06-2006, 01:07
Fourth and final part.

Najib
06-06-2006, 16:10
Thank you Paul, and to the unknown soldier as well.

Notice that there is a Mersiye (Effigy) to Akagunduz Kutbay, I wish we have more of this wonderful Neyzen.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

3amr
07-06-2006, 14:10
I can't believe my luck.

it appears that when I least expect it, there will always be a huge surprize waiting for me here.

I haven't had the time to download them all (alla yzeed), but from what I've hear so far, oh dear, this man has one amazing singing voice, as well as one of the most beautiful oud tones ever. (I wonder if Mr.Dalkilic was already supplying udi Cinucen back then).

I agree about the Aka Gndz bit

3amr
07-06-2006, 16:17
I think the last track is koyde sabah and not a taksim.

AmbroseBierce
07-06-2006, 22:52
I think the last track is koyde sabah and not a taksim.
Might well be - I just copied the files and can't judge whether the names are correct. Zeryab said it is Husseini Semai.

AmbroseBierce
07-06-2006, 22:57
I can't believe my luck.

it appears that when I least expect it, there will always be a huge surprize waiting for me here.

That's exactly what I felt when I found that upload.

And yes, Cinucen Tanrikorur is a wonderful singer also. I had heard him singing on the Fasil album, but he's even better here.

Najib
07-06-2006, 23:04
Yes it is Koyde Sabah, but Koyde Sabah is a Huseyni Semai :-)

And guess what? It's a different one than the occora recording yippppeeeeeeee!

This one is definitely faster, so I'll stick to the occora for learning (the plan is to play like him before 2040 :D )

3amr
08-06-2006, 07:49
hehe, you know, this man's oud playing, (or at least, trying to imitate or even understand it), is the only thing still tying me to the oud at all. (I'm pretty close to despairing over that instrument).

as for Koyde Sabah (the husseini semai), it is a different version from the ocora, and, guess what, the Aka Gunduz Mersiye is also a different version. As for the singing compared to the Fasil Album, it's only natural I guess, he appears to be much younger here, even younger perhaps than the ocora recording. (although the ocora presents him in magnificent voice).

anybody notice that the oud sound is a bit denser here? it appears as though he started to move up the string with the right hand as he grew older, until he sounds like he's playing right on the soundhole in the ocora album, or is that just my ear playing tricks?

I'd really like to know if Mr.Dalikilic made this oud, I'm thinking of e-mailing him and asking.

Hattouma
09-06-2006, 00:42
Thanks a lot Paul for this wonderful tape ...
(so the turkish as well still have lot of their treasures only on tape :)

AmbroseBierce
17-08-2006, 17:59
Today I found a link to a 48 min. documentary film by a Turkish TV station on Cinucen Tanrikorur - I guess it is very instructive for Turkish speakers, giving lots of interview material with Cinucen himself and others. Everyone else can enjoy the musical parts of it:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=cinucen&hl=en

It seems you have to download the Google video player to watch the material (at least I had to). A download link is provided on the same page.

AmbroseBierce
11-09-2006, 01:10
Hi Najib (and everyone else),

today I found two more songs by Cinucen Tanrikorur: One called "Askin odu cigerimi" and Tanrikorur's own beautiful composition "Gnaydinim narcicegim" in makam Krdilihicazkar.

Najib
11-09-2006, 11:26
Thank you very much.

You know that Melihat has got now 2 CDs named after the Narcicegim song!

AmbroseBierce
11-09-2006, 18:45
You know that Melihat has got now 2 CDs named after the Narcicegim song!

No, I don't. Maybe you can upload that song in her interpretation?

bekirbaloglu
29-09-2006, 18:55
Hi my friends,
I'm a new member of this forum. I'm from Turkey. I hope that i meet you in future time.
Firstly i send you uşşak taksim of Cinucen Tanrikorur. He played it at TRT.
See you..

AmbroseBierce
30-09-2006, 13:32
Thanks a lot, bekirbaloglu. If you have more of this wonderful oudi, please upload it here. There are several great fans of Cinucen on this forum who will appreciate it a lot!

bekirbaloglu
06-10-2006, 02:24
Hello AmbroseBierce, I have more records but I can't upload because of time problem. I'll upload it. I promise.

Najib
06-10-2006, 13:18
The Ussak teksim of Cinucen is sugar

Thanks

AmbroseBierce
06-10-2006, 23:51
Hello AmbroseBierce, I have more records but I can't upload because of time problem. I'll upload it. I promise.
Wonderful - you're making my mouth water already. I'll surely remind you of your promise after some time:).

zeryab
07-10-2006, 01:38
Very good taksim .. mezrap was stronger here !

Hi my friends,
I'm a new member of this forum. I'm from Turkey. I hope that i meet you in future time.
Firstly i send you uşşak taksim of Cinucen Tanrikorur. He played it at TRT.
See you..

bekirbaloglu
08-10-2006, 20:44
Hello Pals,
I keep one's word. I send an ud Taksim of Cinuçen Tanrıkorur. See you later..

bekirbaloglu
08-10-2006, 20:59
Hi my friends,;)
Şeddiaraban Taksim of Cinuen Bey

Najib
09-10-2006, 14:00
The female voice is Melihat at the end of the Teksim?

If you have the stuff complete please upload it. Melihat has got a lot of fans here.

bekirbaloglu
02-11-2006, 01:42
I don't have the whole of songs. only taksim. However i don't suppoze Melihat Glses. Because this record very old.

bekirbaloglu
02-11-2006, 01:50
More from Cinucen Bey

I uploaded a Hicaz Taksim of Cinucen Tanrikorur

Najib
02-11-2006, 11:58
Thanks Bekir,

Do you have him playing his Semai Nahawand?

AmbroseBierce
03-02-2007, 20:25
I found a taksim by Cinucen Tanrikorur on an album of Bekir Sitki Sezgin - don't know for sure though whether we don't have it already.

Najib
03-02-2007, 21:15
Paul,

Can you detail what CDs you have for Sidki.

There is a 3 CD set issued by the Istanbul Municipality.

2 profane, and one Dini (religious).

Are there more in the market?

bekirbaloglu
04-02-2007, 02:08
Thanks Bekir,

Do you have him playing his Semai Nahawand?

Cinucen Bey didn't play his Nihavend Saz Semai (Mehtapta Yakamozlar) any record.

AmbroseBierce
04-02-2007, 12:05
Paul,

Can you detail what CDs you have for Sidki.

There is a 3 CD set issued by the Istanbul Municipality.

2 profane, and one Dini (religious).

Are there more in the market?

I have the three-CD-set you mentioned, and I found five more albums on the internet - if I remember correctly they are from the forum http://www.mp3yap.net/. Four of these are a sort of series entitled "Klasik Trk Msiksi Özel Arsivi". I don't think any of this is available commercially, so if you're interested I could upload the songs here.
I have attached a tracklist of these five albums.

AmbroseBierce
08-06-2007, 20:05
Here's some more Cinucen: a taksim in hüzzam, preceded by a gazel. It was published recently by the Teheran-based label Mahoor (a very good label for Persian classical and folk music, by the way) on an album "Samâ' in Konya. Sufi Music with participation of Kani Karaca & Cinocen Tanrikorur" (M.CD-228). The booklet has a preface by During dated Tehran, December 2006, and Mahoor claims copyright for the album. This seems a bit strange, since the music is old, obviously and During used to publish his recordings with Ariom and other companies in Europe or the US - maybe they didn't want this music? That would make them fools...

adamgood
09-06-2007, 11:56
Wow very nice! a great find.

one thing! immediately to my ears the file plays way too fast, he sounds like a mouse singing. On my computer I have the program "Amazing Slow Downer", if you have it too, here's how it begins to sound more normal to me:

1. in the preferences, click the box "Pitch change affects speed"
2. then I brought the pitch down...Semitones: -1 , Cents: -25

and then it starts to sound like Kani Karaca (is it definitely him?) and a common tuning that Cinuen often plays Huzzam from.

thanks for sharing the track

adam

dem
10-06-2007, 14:55
Wow very nice! a great find.

one thing! immediately to my ears the file plays way too fast, he sounds like a mouse singing. On my computer I have the program "Amazing Slow Downer", if you have it too, here's how it begins to sound more normal to me:

1. in the preferences, click the box "Pitch change affects speed"
2. then I brought the pitch down...Semitones: -1 , Cents: -25

and then it starts to sound like Kani Karaca (is it definitely him?) and a common tuning that Cinuen often plays Huzzam from.

thanks for sharing the track

adam

I alsı think that the track speed is fast.

But me opinioin is that the solist definitely it is not Kani Karaca.

I dont know who may be?

Thank for the track AmbroseBierce...