PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Guide for collectors : the discographies of Manyalawi and Hilmi

fredlag@noos.fr
11-06-2006, 15:49
This posting should remain in this section for 48 hours before being transfered to the articles and studies section.

These two pdf files are conceived as a help for collectors of 78rpm records and transfers:
These are comprehensive lists of the recordings of Shaykh Yusuf al-Manyalawi and Abd al-Hayy Hilmi, the two major Egyptian singers of the 1903-1912 era, for all known companies.

The listings are in French and unfortunately do not use the Arabic script along with the latin transliteration of titles : they were established before the time of multilingual computers. All corrections and additions are very welcome, considering I never held in my hands the Hilmi part of the Dar al-Kutub catalogue while establishing these lists. Although the Dar al-Kutub references are sometimes erroneous, a double check might uncover some forgotten records, especially with Baidaphon, and possibly some undistributed Gramophone sample records ("provat").

All collectors who own Polyphon records of Manyalawi and Hilmi need not correct this listing, the Polyphons are actually Gramophone recordings "stolen" by the German branch of Gramophone during WWI and reissued under the new Polyphone label.

قائمة كاملة لاسطوانات المنيلاوي وعبد الحي حلمي، مساعدة للهواة وجامعي الاسطوانات
معذرة لاستعمال الحروف اللاتينية فقد قمت بهذا العمل قبل ظهور البرامج المتعددة اللغات للحاسوب
أرحب بكل التصحيحات والإضافات، خاصة فيما لم أدونه من اسطوانات بروفة لشركة جراموفون وبعض البيضافون الذي قد أكون سهوت عنه لعبد الحي حلمي
لا داعي للتصحيح إن كانت في حوزتكم اسطوانات بوليفون لحلمي أو للمنيلاوي فهي هي اسطوانات الجراموفون، قد أصدرها الجانب الألماني المنشق عن الشركة الأم أثناء الحرب العالمية الأولى

alshame
11-06-2006, 16:23
ألف شكر وتسلم ايديك على هذه المعلومات التاريخية القيمة جدا

zeryab
11-06-2006, 22:46
شكرا جزيلا على هذه القوائم

iannagoski
22-02-2009, 08:21
The discography notes that Baidaphon 1934/35 has not been found.
I have a copy (red label, gold print, full-color gazelle). It is "Ya benti ya baida." I will try to post it when time permits.
I'm delighted to have the discography.

أبو علاء
23-02-2009, 09:08
The discography notes that Baidaphon 1934/35 has not been found.
I have a copy (red label, gold print, full-color gazelle). It is "Ya benti ya baida." I will try to post it when time permits.
I'm delighted to have the discography.

Thank you for this generous offer. What would be nice is if you could contribute some other records from your collection, not necessarily from that perticular period. There are several singers who were "heavily" recorded by Baidaphon and who are of interest to us like Sayyid Es-safti and Zaki Murad. Many titles by them and others are missing in our archive. We have also several recordings in bad shape. Although the index organized by label, you can easily spot all the Baidaphon recordings we have here by reviewing the index of he nahdah section. The label is systematically mentioned whenever it is known to us.