PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : A private evening with Sheikh Salahel Dinn Kabbarah

Najib
10-10-2005, 22:58
It was a private evening in the eighties in the Matall Akhdar in Northern Lebanon. My dad was there to get introduced to the sheikh.

I know that the Bouzouk player is Captain Omar Arabi.

I hope that you will like it.

Salamat
Najib

أبو علاء
10-10-2005, 23:04
I already told you how immensely I liked it, Najib. I just want to ask who the 'ud player was. He's as good as the Shaykh is. Thanks for this gift.

Najib
10-10-2005, 23:11
I will confirm once I see the video, but he could be my friend Khaled Najjar.

He is now the Oud teacher at the conservatoire in Tripoli.

محب الطرب
10-10-2005, 23:22
شكرا يا نجيب و أكرمك الله على هذا التسجيل النادر و من ده كتير

Najib
10-10-2005, 23:58
Thanks Ya Bu 3ali Allah ydeemak.

This is from the same evening. This time my father Dimitri Coutya is singing one of his own compositions from the sixties.

Salamat
Najib

محب الطرب
11-10-2005, 00:06
الله الله الله يا عم ديمتري قرارات تذكرني بالبكار هل تعرفه
ما شاء الله تحياتي لهذا الصوت و أظنك أمتعتنا به من قبل و لكن فقد مني مع خراب الهارد

أبو حسن
06-02-2006, 15:10
الأستاذ الفاضل نجيب

رجاء إن كان لديكم أي ملفات كهذا الملف للشيخ كبارة أن ترفعوه لنا وألا تبخلوا به علينا ...

سمعت أن للشيخ تسجيلا في دار الأوبرا المصرية، فهل هذا التسجيل متوفر لديكم ؟

Najib
06-02-2006, 16:08
حبيبنا أبو حسن

للأسف ليس لدي غير السهره الخاصه والسيدي الذي صدر في أميركا وفيه تراك واحد وهو آذان فجر رائع للشيخ وقد كنت رفعته في زرياب

ولدي كاسيت عليها ضيعت مستقبل حياتي من غناء الشيخ انشالله أرفعها قريبا

مع خالص المودة

أبو حسن
06-02-2006, 16:11
ما رفعته في زرياب حملته سابقا فألف شكر لك

وبانتظار دور ضيعت مستقبل حياتي والشكر لكم مقدما ...

على كل حال، نحاول الآن فتح خط مع آل الشعار وغيرهم من أهل طرابلس ممن يهتمون بتراث الشيخ عسى أن نجد لديهم أشياء جديدة ...

أبو حسن
06-03-2006, 14:33
أستاذ نجيب ...

كما يقولون في طرابلس ...

عالوعد يا كمون ...

Najib
06-03-2006, 16:18
ما تواخذني وسأرفعها قريبا

kabh01
15-04-2006, 01:35
Dear Najib and Abou Alaa

I came across this site while I was browsing on the Interent and I was quite stunned to see that my late father's name is listed here with a couple of old recordings of his.

Actually, I have all these videos you both are talking about. They were brought to me here in England by my late father himslef when he came to visit in 94, 97 and 98. In 99 he planned to come but sadly he was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away on new year eve, the 31st of December 1999.

God bless his soul, he was a wealth of music. We back home in Tripoli have an invaluable library of old recordings of his and others such as Abdul wahab, saleh abdul hay, Um Kolothom, Fathiah Ahmad etc...

The Ood player by the way in the private evening was Abdul Nasser Kabbara who did the Takasseem and the following up. Mr El-Najjar was accompanying him actually as a second player. The Nay player was Waleed Bibi and Mr Khayyat was on el-Rak. And yes Captain Omar orabi was playing el-Bozook.

Answering Abou Alaa question about the Egyptian Opera House evening(s), (Mahad el Moussika el Arabia) I believe those recordings, which I do have, are extremely private as my late father was very protective of them. In fact they were leaked to Mohammad Abdul Wahab who requested Mohammad Nasser The Director of the Institute at the time to be introduced to my father. For some reason or another the meeting never took place.

If you both would like to e-mail me privately, you can do so. My e-mails are:

kabh01@hotmail.com
kabh01@yahoo.co.uk

Best regards

Hilal Mohammad Salaheddine Kabbara

أبو علاء
15-04-2006, 03:13
Dear Hilal, this is indeed an honour and a privilege for us to have you in this forum not simply as an eminent guest, we hope, but as a full fledged member, if you so wish. We would be as much pleased to get in touch with you and to further discuss the possibility to release whatever you're willing or simply allowed to release of the recordings of the gifted and so much appreciated artist your late father was and any other recordings of classical Arab music for the benefit of the members of our forum as well as for the sake of that very music and certainly in all faithfulness to the memory and spirit of Shaykh Salahiddin. I would be more than glad to email you and possibly to talk to you on the phone, whereas Najib would probably love to meet you since you both live in England.

أبو علاء
15-04-2006, 03:27
Sorry, I forgot to tell you there are a few other nice recordings of the venerated shaykh both in this section and in the 'inshad section, if you haven't seen them yet

Najib
15-04-2006, 11:27
Dear Hilal,

We are honoured to have you with us on the forum.

First of all accept our apologies for not having the approval of Sheik Salaheddine's family before posting these files, but as you see, this is not a commercial website at all, and our main goal is to make sure the world knows about these wonderful people that made their impact on the Arabic music such as your father, Sheikh Omran, and the list is endless.

Also I've been away from Tripoli for 15 years now, so I lost contact with many people including Khalid Najjar.

I will e-mail you privately of course, it will be an honour to meet you as well since we both live in England.

Salamat
Najib

kabh01
15-04-2006, 17:46
Thank you very much Najib and Abou Alaa. I am really overwhelmed and the feeling is truly mutual.

I am pretty sure I will enjoy my stay here.

Hilal

درش
19-04-2006, 00:26
عزيزي هلال
اهلا ومرحبا بك
ويسرنا كثيرا انضمامك الى المنتدى
ويسرنا وجود تسجيلات لحبيب قلبنا الشيخ صلاح عنك
رحمه الله واسكنه فسيح جناته

kabh01
19-04-2006, 12:02
Thank you Darsh (Mustafa?). Can you please introduce yourself so we can get to know you better. BTW did you send a request to join my msn?

أبو علاء
19-04-2006, 13:57
With your permission, Hilal, I moved your post with the link to the article about Zakariya as well as Najib's comment to a new thread in the Studies and Articles section.

kabh01
19-04-2006, 15:33
Good idea, Abou Ala'a:)