PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Mahmud al-Bulaqi - Yalli 3esheqtak

fredlag@noos.fr
16-10-2006, 11:50
A special request of Oudman, who needs a copy of this dor :
Yalli 3esheqtak (rast, composed by the mysterious Ahmad ‘Abd al-Nabi).
it is sung by Mahmud al-Bulaqi, on gramophone 14-12336/37, appreared on the catalogue in 1914, possibly recorded in 1912.

The first line is strange compared to the standard morphology of the Egyptian dialect : Bulaqi sings "yalli 3esheqtak 3esheqtak dabbIr-li amri" instead of "dabbAr", which makes it sound slightly classical.
Nice rast baladi / garka section on the second side, and Bulaqi's customary use (and abuse?) of 3urab and 3afq in his singing technique.

محمود البولاقي / دور ياللي عشقتك دبرلي أمري
تلحين أحمد عبد النبي

theoudman
16-10-2006, 13:52
Thanks so much, I have been searching for this song for years. I truly appreciate it.

alshame
16-10-2006, 14:09
تسجيل رائع وجميل تسلم الأيادي سيدي الكريم
الدور من تلحين أحمد افندي عبد النبي وهو من الموسيقيين الذين لم تصلنا معلومات كثيرة عنه
اللهم إلا إذا جاد علينا من يعرف عنه شيئا
شكرا

Najib
16-10-2006, 14:46
Fred,

His 3urab specially the high notes ones, aren't they Hijaziesque?

Maqams
======

Diabolical makamic slide to Rast at 1'02 alluring to makam Shuri and then makam Huzzam and then makam Sikah before settling with Rast at 1'22

A spell of Suznak is declared at 2'19"

Fred, I could see a long spell of Gharkah beginning at 4'00" -> 5'08, but couldn't see the Sikah Baladi?

High Hicaz at 5'09" -> 5'51" and then a genious qaflah back on the Rast note at 5'52" before sliding back to Souznak.

fredlag@noos.fr
16-10-2006, 16:48
@ Najib : Yes, very higazesque indeed ! I did not mention sikah baladi, but rast baladi, as a jins. I was indeed talking about the gaharkah section you noticed. I'm not sure it's really gaharkah, it sounds betwwen rast and gaharkah to me, so that's why I suggested this calling. By jins rast baladi, I mean a jins between jaharkah and rast, i.e. with a high third degree, which makes the third interval (between 3rd and 4rth degree) a little narrower than usual, so that it is sounds different from frank rast, closer to the half-tone of gerka.

Najib
16-10-2006, 16:54
I'm with you now, and sorry for the confusion.

ابو ناصر الشايجي
23-10-2006, 04:32
الف شكر لك استاذي العزيز
جوده التسجيل جميلة