PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Fadia el Hajj

Burhan
14-11-2006, 15:30
Fadia Hajj & Sarband & Osnabrucker Jugendchor

Kyrie Eleyson

Greek-Arabic Tradition

Recorded in 1988,

To Najib and Jacques....as usual your comments are appreciated!

zbader
14-11-2006, 18:49
شكراُ برهان
القطعة جميلة جداُ و لو أني كنت أفضلها بدون نقرات الدف
أتوقع أن يكون هناك عنوان أخر للقطعة غير كيري إيليسون و التي تعني (يا رب ارحم) و العنوان عادة يؤخذ من نص الترتيلة

Burhan
15-11-2006, 10:14
here is another sample

soloist: Fadia el Hajj
Chorus: Mesopotamia
Direction: P. Elie Kiserwani

Supplication de Saint Ephrem (Careme)

Recorded live in Mardrid, 2000

Zuheir, please note the difference in sound when the work is directed by a local (P. Kiserwani)...unlike the previous Kyrie which was directed by a Bulgarian-German (Dr Validimir Ivanoff), though both hymns as very much 'eastern'!

zbader
15-11-2006, 11:33
منذ أول نوتة موسيقية في المقدمة تحس بشرقية العمل حتى أن المقدمة تذكرك بالأغاني الشعبية الشامية (الحزينة منها) ربما بسبب وجود الناي و القانون، للتوزيع الآلي دور كبير في نوعية تلقيك للعمل
الترنيمة سريانية اللحن مئة بالمئة و صوت فاديا عذب لأبعد الحدود

Najib
16-11-2006, 22:01
Sorry this is one hell of a mess!

I'm commenting on the Kyrie file here:

1stly there is nothing Greek about except for the words!

2ndly the fusion of something that is purely oriental with a gregorian type of chanting + instrumental

For me this is battikh + banadourah = Teffah absolute rubbish.

And I really don't understand why people produce schizophrenic CDs like this. I see schizophrenic by comparing with the 2nd track uploaded here which is very acceptable to me!

I will delete the Kyrie file later. Sorry!

Jacques
17-11-2006, 15:10
Thanks for the files Burhan.

Najib, I think there is also a Slavonic twist in it as well :)
I'm a supporter of traditional types of chanting, I like it when it's pure Byzantine, pure Arabic, or pure Syriac.
Rev. Miled Tarabay has done some beautiful works in traditional Syriac music & lyrics (like Track 8 Burhan uploaded in an earlier post), and beautiful works in a Lebanese style of music & lyrics (like Track 10 in that post).

As for the Syriac hymn, it's great - I like everything Syriac ;)

For example, see how the file I posted is purely Syriac :)

Burhan
17-11-2006, 16:30
Dear Friends

thanks for your comments..i agree that the synthesis of more than one genre or style is a very difficult endevour and a risky one as well...and many times it does not work out properly ...also i dont understand why Ivanoff decided to use rhythms in the Kyrie.....this work is a hyrbid.....may be, its an attempt to convey an esoteric and exotic mood...i am not sure....this is why i wanted to raise a discussion about orchestration...its pitfalls and successes....

QUOTE=Jacques]Thanks for the files Burhan.

Najib, I think there is also a Slavonic twist in it as well :)
I'm a supporter of traditional types of chanting, I like it when it's pure Byzantine, pure Arabic, or pure Syriac.
Rev. Miled Tarabay has done some beautiful works in traditional Syriac music & lyrics (like Track 8 Burhan uploaded in an earlier post), and beautiful works in a Lebanese style of music & lyrics (like Track 10 in that post).

As for the Syriac hymn, it's great - I like everything Syriac ;)

For example, see how the file I posted is purely Syriac :)[/QUOTE]