PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : أروح لمين : حفلة حديقة الأزبكيّه 7 مايو 1959

أبو علاء
19-11-2006, 14:24
من تسجيلات إذاعة الأغاني ؛ ولا أذكر أنّه سبق رفع أيّ تسجيل لهذه الأغنية، فعسى أن تكون هذه الحفلة من الحفلات الجيّدة.

As per the label of the file

fredlag@noos.fr
19-11-2006, 15:33
not the standard commercial one, but unfortunately not an interesting one either, I've heard better on idha3at al-aghani. I once heard one with lengthy improvisations in the last part, and UK going mad in the aruh li-min section of the 4rth ghusn. Wish I could hear it in a good version.

أبو علاء
19-11-2006, 15:40
You don't have to worry about 'idha'ati-l-'aghani any longer now that I know the whereabouts. I've even ordered an mp3 player/encoder to circumvent the problem of minidisk duration limit, although I'm delighted with the sound quality of this device recordings. Yesterday they broadcast "for the first time" a hadhihi laylati performance from April 3rd 1969. I wanted to record it for a dear friend who's fond of this song. But, I missed the last 8 to 10 minutes because of that limit.

luay
19-11-2006, 16:55
Thanks for this one too Abu A'laa.
I must admit that I LOVE this song; it's one of the songs that made me love Om Kulthoum early on (it's easier to appreciate this at the age of 7 than Hallet Layali-l-Amar; what can I do? :-)
I would be very interested in hearing the version that Fred is talking about; I never thought Om Kulthoum would improvise in this song, simply since the melody doesn't seem to allow for improvisations (the fast rhythm or whatever).

Thanks.
Luay

fredlag@noos.fr
19-11-2006, 21:11
@ Lu'ay : oh yes she does, she starts couplet 4 with the standard aruh limin, at one point goes beserk and repeats li-min li-min in a wonderful qafla, and then goes on improvising.
@ Abu Ala' : there is indeed a very good hadhihi laylati concert, with amazing impro on "sahar al-shawqi fi l-3uyun al-gamila", and it's the one sold on video.

luay
19-11-2006, 22:12
@ Lu'ay : oh yes she does, she starts couplet 4 with the standard aruh limin, at one point goes beserk and repeats li-min li-min in a wonderful qafla, and then goes on improvising.

I believe you Fred, but I find it interesting and exciting that OK improvised in the song, and particularly in the last part! I would have expected, for example, to hear some imrpovisations
in the Yetoul Boa'dak part, if any (by the way, what is the maqam of Arooh Lemeen?)

Luay

أبو علاء
19-11-2006, 22:44
Abu Ala' : there is indeed a very good hadhihi laylati concert, with amazing impro on "sahar al-shawqi fi l-3uyun al-gamila", and it's the one sold on video

I'm most interested. Give me the reference; that would a good idea for a nice gift, wouldn't it?

(by the way, what is the maqam of Arooh Lemeen

That's rast; same as ghanna-r-rabi', wulida-l-huda, salu qalbi, ar-ruba'iyat, hallit layali-l-qamar, 'ansak...etc