21- Ahtım Olsun Giymeyeyim Karalar
22- Şimşir-i Nigâhınla Vuruldum Ciğerimden
23- Sabâ Tarf-ı Vefâdan Peyam Yok mu
24- Gösterip Ağyare Lutfun Bizlere Bigânesin
25- Bir Hıyâbandır ki Hasret Kûy-i Cânândan Geçer

3amr
09-12-2006, 21:54
ahi ahmet,

welcome to this forum, and thank you for this effort.
merhum hafiz kemal is my favourite singer from turkey, and so this thread is particularly important for me, because kalan CD's are not available here (I don't think this one is still in print to begin with).

please, outside links are not allowed in this forum (and I can't download them), so if you have a fast internet connection, please upload the files here, or if anyother member can do so, I will be very very grateful.

أبو علاء
09-12-2006, 22:01
Sorry, but we have two poblems here instead of one. First, external links to files uploaded elsewhere and most of all on temporary servers are indeed not allowed and, second, it's our general policy not to favour the uploading of whole CDs that can be obtained in the commerce, unless we're talking of out of sold out titles that can't be accessed otherwise. So, please, choose a few tracks and upload them in this very thread.

3amr
09-12-2006, 22:04
I'm almost sure this CD is out of print.

I've searched the Kalan website a dozen times, and the only Hafiz Kemal I found was on the Gazel CD's. (where some of the material is repeated, enhancing the sold out theory).

أبو علاء
09-12-2006, 22:08
If such is the case, no problem. But, I'd like to hear Najib's opinion and Paul's as they are the moderators of this section. However, in all cases, whatever is to be uploaded has to be posted here.

AmbroseBierce
10-12-2006, 17:48
I can't remeber having seen this album in Kalan's catalogue since at least last year (I'd have bought the album, if it was available), though I can't re-check it right now - there's an error coming every time I try to open the Kalan website.

I'd vote strongly for uploading this music here.

أبو علاء
10-12-2006, 20:12
Paul, I've talked to Najib on the phone in the meantime and he told me Hakem has just bought it for him. So, it wouldn't be out of print. You have then to sort it out among you two. I don't have strong views on this matter and I'm not knowledgeable in Turkish music matters. I have no doubt now on the quality of the music after hearing from 3amr, Najib and you. My only concern here is consistency in applying the forum rules to avoid every kind of complications. By the way, I wrote a pm to ahmet2727 to further explain the issue and encouraged him to post all the tracks provided he posts them here (that was before my conversation with Najib). But he hasn't reacted yet.

3amr
10-12-2006, 20:44
ok, I just checked the kalan website, it is available, and the copyright date is 2006, which means it is either a rerelease, or a completely new release.

I'll have to find a way to buy it.

PS: listened to some samples, and some of the tracks appear to be going too fast, it's a shame to see kalan doing sloppy work.

AmbroseBierce
11-12-2006, 02:23
If it has just been re-released, the music should not be uploaded here. I wouldn't like any copyright trouble to come up, and at the same time I would like everyone to buy the album. Kalan Müzik is another important publisher, and we need companies like them to flourish, if we want to have a steady stream of good music coming our way.

أبو علاء
11-12-2006, 03:01
You're absolutely right.

Najib
11-12-2006, 19:41
Here is a selection from the new 2006 CD anyaway.

I don't think it's a re-release. The booklet with the CD is absolutely excellent.

Listen to the quick teksim of Bacanos the magician at the beginning of track 17.

3amr
11-12-2006, 22:18
am I the only one who feels the some of the tracks are running a bit fast?
I mean, I know Hafiz Kemal's voice, and this definitely sounds a bit fast to my ears.
even the bacanos taksim (which is amazing), sounds a bit rushed.
most hafiz kemal gazels run up to four minutes, which could mean that they were recorded slower than usual, but the engineers still insist on 78 rpm.

Hakem
12-12-2006, 02:32
Dear Friends,

just a quick note. I am for the opinion of not uploading all the tracks of the CD on the forum (samples are fine). I checked Tulumba today and it is available for sale for $14.99
http://www.tulumba.com/storeItem.asp?ic=MU900009AG494

It is also available on Kalan for cheaper price: TYL12.00
http://www.kalan.com/scripts/album/dispalbum.asp?id=4089

I also asked a friend to buy it for me in Istanbul, and it is available on the markets there. I second Paul that we do not want problems with copyright.

All the best,
Hakem.