PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Um Kalthoum in Aley, Lebanon

Burhan
02-01-2007, 13:55
ANSAK (¬ 51 minutes):

Um Kalthoum had particularly many concerts in Lebanon over the years. Most of these concerts took place in Beirut. The only two main venues outside Beirut that UK performed at were Aley and Baalbeck.

In Baalbeck, UK sang six times in 1966, 1968 and 1970 as part of the events of the International Baalbeck Festival.

As for Aley, she performed there at least 7 times in 10 years (mid 50's - mid 60's).

I have uploaded UK's performance of Ansak (music by Baligh H.) dating back to 5th of September 1963 in Aley.

Enjoy. Note that the recording was made outdoors.

It would be great if any of the members would share their info about UK's Beirut performances during the 30's and 40's.

Palmca
03-01-2007, 07:43
thank you Burhan. This the best concert of Ansak that I have ever heard. I think the song she sang in syria and Lebanon are better than the ones she did in Egypt. She seem more energetic.

What ever song you have from Lebanon please upload them.

Thank you very much.

Palmca

hana
03-01-2007, 10:42
thanx a lot for this song ...........:) burhannnn

Burhan
04-01-2007, 08:38
Thanks for your comments Hana and Palmca...will try to upload additional materials from the period before 1964 by UK soon.

emranallan
04-01-2007, 10:45
Thanks Alot MR Burhan For

Best concert ANSAK and Very Excellent Quality (Thanks Alot)

thanks alot :)

fredlag@noos.fr
06-01-2007, 20:11
عزيزي برهان،
جودة التسجيل فعلا مذهلة، ولكن تحيّرني خامة صوت أم كلثوم فيها، فأشعر أني أسمع أم كلثوم «ألف ليلة وليلة» وليس أم كلثوم أول الستينيات. هل من الممكن أن يكون التسجيل بطيء قليلا؟ قارنوا بين صوتها هنا وصوتها في حفلة هجرتك سنة 1960 فهل ممكن أن يكون صوتها تغير إلى هذا الحد في خلال ثلاث سنوات ؟

em2_m
08-01-2007, 05:37
انا لي نفس الملاجظة اجد صوت الست فيه شي من التعب نرجو من اصحاب الخبرة موافاتنا بالمعلومات ولهم جزيل الشكر ولحبيبنا الغالي الذي رفعها الف الف شكر

Burhan
09-01-2007, 10:34
عزيزي برهان،
جودة التسجيل فعلا مذهلة، ولكن تحيّرني خامة صوت أم كلثوم فيها، فأشعر أني أسمع أم كلثوم «ألف ليلة وليلة» وليس أم كلثوم أول الستينيات. هل من الممكن أن يكون التسجيل بطيء قليلا؟ قارنوا بين صوتها هنا وصوتها في حفلة هجرتك سنة 1960 فهل ممكن أن يكون صوتها تغير إلى هذا الحد في خلال ثلاث سنوات ؟

Thanks for your comments. May be UK on that particular night was not in her best healthwise or tired etc...particularly that these were outdoor performances in a rural mountain setting.
as for the recording, I got it through a friend and it seems it was copied from the original reel before it was digitized...and this might have caused a small difference in the recording speed....

luay
29-01-2007, 16:01
Burhan,
I keep forgetting to ask, but now I remembered: when I play this file (Ansak), the mp3 player displays "Tibetan Ritual - Spiritual Chants and Ceremonial Horns". I was wondering what this means, and if it's just a mistake, or what. I know Om Kulthoum had nothing to do with Tibet, so I was wondering ;-)

Thanks.
Luay

fynyx
29-01-2007, 16:38
ANSAK (¬ 51 minutes):

Um Kalthoum had particularly many concerts in Lebanon over the years. Most of these concerts took place in Beirut. The only two main venues outside Beirut that UK performed at were Aley and Baalbeck.

In Baalbeck, UK sang six times in 1966, 1968 and 1970 as part of the events of the International Baalbeck Festival.

As for Aley, she performed there at least 7 times in 10 years (mid 50's - mid 60's).

I have uploaded UK's performance of Ansak (music by Baligh H.) dating back to 5th of September 1963 in Aley.

Enjoy. Note that the recording was made outdoors.

It would be great if any of the members would share their info about UK's Beirut performances during the 30's and 40's.

أخ برهان
شكرا جزيلا لك على كل مساهماتك الرائعة و الغنية
و كذلك على المعلومات القيمة التي تصاحب تلك المساهمات
لدي استفسار إن كنت تتكرم بالتوضيح
هل غنت أم كلثوم في بعلبك 5 مرات أم 6 كما ذكرت؟
و قد أشرت أخي الكريم إلى أنها قد أحيت معظم حفلاتها في لبنان في بيروت و ما أعلمه أنها إنما غنت مرتين فقط في اليونيسكو في بيروت و مرة في سينما ريفولي و لم تقم في بيروت غير هذه الحفلات الثلاث إلا إذا أخذنا بعين الاعتبار حفلة يا ظالمني في الكابيتول فتصبح 4 مرات
و على هذه الحسبة تكون أغلب حفلاتها في لبنان هي في عاليه -باعتبار الحفلات الرسمية المعلنة و ليس السهرات الخاصة في بيوت الأصدقاء و المعارف- فأرجو التوضيح بما تملكه من زيادة علم بهذا الشأن و لو تتكرم علينا لتعم الفائدة فتزودنا بالوصلات التي أدتها سيدة الغناء في هذه الحفلات مع توارخها نكون لك أكثر من شاكرين و ممتنين
و عذرا للإطالة و أرجو أن لا تؤاخذني إن كنت سأتعبك في ذلك و لكني أحب الاستزادة من هكذا معلومات
ألف شكر و هو أيضا قليل

fynyx
29-01-2007, 16:45
Burhan,
I keep forgetting to ask, but now I remembered: when I play this file (Ansak), the mp3 player displays "Tibetan Ritual - Spiritual Chants and Ceremonial Horns". I was wondering what this means, and if it's just a mistake, or what. I know Om Kulthoum had nothing to do with Tibet, so I was wondering ;-)

Thanks.
Luay
by the way I wondered about the same
but i said to myself since it's ritual & spiritual maybe OK spirit performed some concerts in tibet:)

Burhan
29-01-2007, 20:10
by the way I wondered about the same
but i said to myself since it's ritual & spiritual maybe OK spirit performed some concerts in tibet:)

heyy its UK everywhere...even in Tibet :)

fredlag@noos.fr
22-02-2007, 18:57
@ Burhan :
I have a problem : the date you give, 05-09-1963 is a first thursday of the month. What would UK be doing in Lebanon on a 1st thursday ? unless the radio season wasn't started on september ? Anyone knows when the "mawsim-s" started and ended ?

Fred.

Burhan
23-02-2007, 14:28
Fred,

I am not very sure of this info, but the season usually started in Oct and ended in June...however this has varied from one year to another.

alffy74
23-11-2007, 20:13
Umm Kulthum sang the first time in Lebanon at the Grand Théâtre of downtown Beirut (near Riad el Solh Square) in the 1930s, most likely 1932 or 1934. A painting of her in a red dress and her famous sunglasses is drawn at the wall of what used to be the Grand Théâtre. It was still there back in 2005:) I don't know about now.
It is also said that a red rug was rolled at her coming down from the boat when she arrived at Beirut port that year:)
I'm not aware if she performed in Lebanon in the 40s or early 50s. My intution is that she didn't give any concert between 1939 and 1945 (World War II), but I don't see why she wouldn't after.
As to her voice, most critics agree that her voice started to regress as of the mid 1960s, and it became very obvious after 1967. However, in my opinion, she was still able to give some very good performances, such as Morocco, Kuwait, Tunis 1968, Baalbeck 1970 until 1970-1971 season. The last 2-3 seasons were very challenging for her physically and vocally.
To my knowledge, until the late 1950s, her singing season started in November and ended in June. In the 1960s, December marked the kick-in of her season, and as of December 1967, she started to perform only 2 songs/concert.

SALAM!

Alfred