PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : رباعيات الخيام - قصر الاونيسكو

أبو الغيث
05-02-2007, 15:36
وان كنت مترددا في رفع هذه البكرة ولكن عنوان البكرة: ( رباعيات الخيام -قصر الاونيسكو-لبنان) دفعني الى التفكير بعدم تداول المحتوى تجاريا;) وهو الذي حثني الى رفعها تاركا الحكم للمختصين للتأكد من صحة مكان وزمان التسجيل والحكم على جودته الفنية .

بكر من بكرات الجد رحمه الله كتب عليها:
رباعيات الخيام- قصر الاونيسكو لبنان
أم كلثوم
بدون تاريخ

luay
05-02-2007, 19:18
Abu-l-Ghayth,
Thanks, as usual.
I don't have much time to make comparisons, but a quick listening tells me this sounds very familiar, and I haven't heard the Lebanon version. So, my quick reaction is that this may be the Damascus version, and not the Lebanon one (if I'm not mistaken, it's the same I had sent to Abu A'laa and he uploaded). I mean it's from the same concert, but I think your version is more complete (not "completely" complete though :-)
But I need to listen more to be able to be certain.

Luay

أبو علاء
05-02-2007, 22:23
Abu-l-Ghayth,
Thanks, as usual.
I don't have much time to make comparisons, but a quick listening tells me this sounds very familiar, and I haven't heard the Lebanon version. So, my quick reaction is that this may be the Damascus version, and not the Lebanon one (if I'm not mistaken, it's the same I had sent to Abu A'laa and he uploaded). I mean it's from the same concert, but I think your version is more complete (not "completely" complete though :-)
But I need to listen more to be able to be certain.

Luay

I had the same feeling (I've reached the 'ud and qanun solos - Hey, Fred, listening while translating!) and I was about to write that it sounds the same as the commercial version. Of course, my memory is not as good as yours for this kind of comparisons. So, it might as well be the Damascus version. This copy, however is a clean one and it looks longer (unless there are artificial repetitions).

luay
05-02-2007, 23:07
No Abu A'laa, I didn't sense any artificial repetitions (and I managed to listen to the first 40 minutes of it). Actually, Abu-l-Ghayth's version shows that the version I had sent and you uploaded is missing a lot. The improvisations in Fa-Kam Tawala-Llaylu is longer here and has more beautiful stuff. But I have some suspicions this one, too, suffers from cuts. For example, Qassabji's taqaseem ends and Om Kulthoum's voice is immediately heard, without any applause in between, etc. To me, there's a clear cut there.

And yes, this is much cleaner than mine, since I had recorded from the radio, with bad reception, over 10 years ago :-)

Luay

أبو علاء
06-02-2007, 00:04
تمّ تجميع الملفّين في ملفّ واحد ورفعه بدلا منهما.

luay
06-02-2007, 01:03
I'm now sure these two are from the same concert, and according to Mahmoud, this is the 1955 Damascus performance:

http://www.zamanalwasl.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4783#post4783

Thanks very much Abu A'laa.

Luay

faykaon
07-02-2007, 12:30
تسلم الايادى ....وجميع كلمات الشكر لاتستطيع ان تعبر لكم على مدى التقدير ...لان الكلمات تعجز امام هذة الروعة ....لان اعشق سيدة الغناء العربى واستمع اليها منذ اكثر من 35 سنة .....وكثيراما استمعت الى اكثر من حفلة لرباعيات الخيام .وم ضمنها حفلة سوريا ....ولكننى لم اجد اروع ولااحسن ولااجمللللللللللل ..من هذة الحفلة ..عشت لنا دائما حتى تمتعنا بهذة الروائع النادرة حقا.....ولك منى كل التقدير............من عاشق لام كلثوم......................

Ghass64
10-02-2007, 20:01
It's my first post in your group, so Salam al elkol.
I was very happy to discover your club website, because...

Since almost 20 years now, my father talks about a mythical concert of Rubaiat el Khayam with a magic solo in the middle, he has heard at the radio long time ago.
I bought all the CDs and all the tapes i found, he always says no, not the ONE.

So I am sur it's this one , I will make him a surprise tomorrow. But I am afraid too, because it's like the Graal...:)

zenzanzon
07-03-2007, 04:38
It's my first post in your group, so Salam al elkol.
I was very happy to discover your club website, because...

Since almost 20 years now, my father talks about a mythical concert of Rubaiat el Khayam with a magic solo in the middle, he has heard at the radio long time ago.
I bought all the CDs and all the tapes i found, he always says no, not the ONE.

So I am sur it's this one , I will make him a surprise tomorrow. But I am afraid too, because it's like the Graal...:)

فعلأ هذه الحفلة من أروع الحفلات أنا برأيي تأتي من بعدها الحفلة التي أقيمت في دمشق

Hakem
07-03-2007, 18:42
Allah Allah! This recordings sheds a new light on how to understand this great poem. Oum Kulthoum has a marvellous way to interpret the music, then she comes back and re-interprets herself! The standard commercial recordings have reduced the works of Oum Kulthoum in the form of "take away" product for mass consumption: for drivers, coffee shop owners, and tourists!

It would be great to know who was on the Oud! Was he Qasabgy?

It would be great if we can historicise it in terms of location, date, and how many times she sang the song before this. We need the help of our historians on the forum!

luay
07-03-2007, 19:03
Hakem,
The oudist is definitely Qassabji.
I still think this is the 1955 Damascus concert, and not the Lebanon one. I'm not an expert in
this regard though.

Luay