PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : شمس الأصيل، نادي القوّات المسلّحة 23 يوليو 1955

أبو علاء
17-02-2007, 20:47
هذا التّسجيل آخر ما قدّمت لنا إذاعة الأغاني، وإن كنت لم أستمع إليه كاملا فإنّي لم أجد فيه ما ينافس به ما سبق رفع من حفلات لهذه الأغنية في ترتيب الجودة الفنّيّة، ومع ذلك أقدّمه إليكم علّكم تجدون فيه ما خفي عنّي.

As per the name of the file

luay
17-02-2007, 22:47
Thanks very much Abu A'laa.
Beautiful "Ya" in "Ya Neil" at minute 47 and 52 seconds.
Beautiful "Ana" at minute 56 and 10 seconds.
To me, the most beautiful rendition of "Karawan" in any performance of this song I've heard is in this one at minute 59 and 51 seconds.

Overall, a very nice performance. Other performances may have more or better improvisations, but this one had a very nice atmosphere about it. I love to hear the audience reaction in an appreciative, civilized way. And in this performance, listen to the audience when she first says "Dahhabet" at minute 5 and 55 seconds.

And since we were discussing earlier today the issue of lyrics, this is one of Bayram's beautiful zajal. It's very descriptive. Actually, believe it or not, Om Kulthoum made a "video
clip" of this song. I saw it once on TV, where Om Kulthoum is standing on a balcony, looking towards the sun, and singing (the studio recording of) Shams El Asil. The other "video clip" that I saw Om Kulthoum in was that of Ela A'rafat-Llah. I think the descriptive nature of Shams-l-Asil allowed for such a video.

Thanks again Abu A'laa. What a wonderful 2-3 week period it's been with all these nice performances of Om Kulthoum. But this also means I currently have about 15 songs not
listened to. but that's never a problem :-)

Luay

أبو علاء
17-02-2007, 23:00
To me, the most beautiful rendition of "Karawan" in any performance of this song I've heard is in this one at minute 59 and 51 seconds.

Overall, a very nice performance. Other performances may have more or better improvisations, but this one had a very nice atmosphere about it.

And since we were discussing earlier today the issue of lyrics, this is one of Bayram's beautiful zajal. It's very descriptive. Actually, believe it or not, Om Kulthoum made a "video
clip" of this song. I saw it once on TV, where Om Kulthoum is standing on a balcony, looking towards the sun, and singing (the studio recording of) Shams El Asil. The other "video clip" that I saw Om Kulthoum in was that of Ela A'rafat-Llah. I think the descriptive nature of Shams-l-Asil allowed for such a video.

But this also means I currently have about 15 songs not
listened to. but that's never a problem :-)
Luay

I'm all the more glad that you found such nice stuff. I told you I did'nt listent till the end.
I was myself thinkinf of this one among other nice things Bayram wrote when debating on this question. It is indeed so moving!
A video (clip)! I can't beleive it. Wouldn't it be possible they mounted it artificially?
Don't worry for the songs to add. I did at least part of the job. So check first before adding the new ones.

luay
18-02-2007, 04:37
A video (clip)! I can't beleive it. Wouldn't it be possible they mounted it artificially?

It didn't look artificial. It seemed that OK had recorded these two songs on videos for the Egyptian TV. At the end of the video, they showed the names of the director, etc.

Luay

luay
18-02-2007, 04:46
Don't worry for the songs to add. I did at least part of the job. So check first before adding the new ones.

Thanks very much. I'll take a pass through the list tomorrow and see if anything is missing and update it.

Luay