PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : رباعيّات الخيّام، الأزبكيّه 7 فبراير 1957

أبو علاء
28-04-2007, 10:19
هذه الحفلة هي ثمرة أوّل أمس من تسجيلات إذاعة الأغاني أمّا أمس فقد فاتني الموعد بسبب اعتماد التّوقيت الصّيفيّ في مصر دون انتباهي إلى ذلك.
لم أتابع الاستماع من أوّل الحفلة إلى آخرها إلاّ أنّي انتبهت بالخصوص إلى تصرّفات غير موقّعة في قسم فقد توالى اللّيل بعد النّهار، في انتظار التّعاليق المفصّلة المعهودة من لؤي وفريديريك.

luay
28-04-2007, 16:12
Thanks very much Abu A'laa.
This is the complete concert of the commercial version. However, the length of the commercial version is less than half the complete one. Every time I think we've covered all
the stupidities of the recording company, whichever it was, we get surprised further.
She sings Fa-Kam Tawala-Llaylu twice; the first time very extensive improvisations, and the second time a lot of improvisations, but not as extensive. The commercial version has only tiny bits of the improvisations from both times she sings this part! From a quick inspection:

1. The part from minute 32 and 37 seconds to minute 40 and 41 seconds is missing from the commercial version.
2. The part from minute 42 and 13 seconds to minute 43 and 2 seconds is missing from the commercial version.
3. The part from minute 44 and 28 seconds to minute 48 and 45 seconds is missing from the commercial version (notice that in this part she forgets "Ghadan Wa Maden Men Olouf Essenin", which is not in the commercial version).

And these are parts missing from the commercial version within a span of only 16 minutes!
And then there are missing parts all over the place in the commercial version. Again, the commercial version is missing about 40 minutes!

BTW the missing improvisations in the part of Fa Kam Tawala-Llaylu are very beautiful.

Thanks again.
Luay

أبو علاء
28-04-2007, 17:03
Thank you indeed for such an exhaustive comment. As you said, we haven't got it all about the full extent of the mischieves committed by the distributors of 'um kalthum's concerts. I'm tempted to coin a new concept in view of all we've discovered, that of artisitic genocide.

luay
28-04-2007, 18:30
I'm tempted to coin a new concept in view of all we've discovered, that of artisitic genocide.

What surprises me is that they did an amazing job cutting and gluing recordings without letting the listener recognize it in most cases. Until I heard this version of the Rubaa'eyyat, I never felt there were cuts in the commercial version! I had doubts that some parts could have been repeated by OK and they removed them, but didn't think the improvisations in Fakam Tawala-Llaylu were shortened to such an extent (or at all). So, it seems they spent time and effort implementing their stupid schemes, and for that, they deserve huge applause :mad:

Thanks again for allowing us (me, at least) to hear the complete version.

Best regards,
Luay

fredlag@noos.fr
28-04-2007, 21:29
There was a good reason for this kind of montage : don't forget that a 33rpm LP cannot hold more than 26 or 27 minutes of music per side, hence a total of 52-54 minutes at most. Of course, they could have sold full concerts on 3 or 4 sides, as they did in the 78rpm era, but they probably considered it wouldn't sell. This explains why the records distributed in the 60s and 70s are such short versions of those performances.
What is much mysterious is why the cassettes of the 80s and 90s are also edited concerts. Especially since Sono Cairo distributed a lot of what they called "hafla kamila" 90 mn cassettes, although they never bothered to give any details such as dates and place of the concert.
I would forgive the guys who did this in order to put this music on records, but not the incompetent idiots of the 80s and 90s.
But then again, they never really bothered to select the best performance of the songs...

الشيخ سيد
29-04-2007, 22:14
أمّا أمس فقد فاتني الموعد بسبب اعتماد التّوقيت الصّيفيّ في مصر دون انتباهي إلى ذلك.

كانت أغنية أنساك وبدون تاريخ أيضا ويبدو أنهم هذه الأيام لا يهتمون بتأريخ ما يقدمون - أرجو أن تنتهى هذه الظاهرة قريبا ويعودوا الى سيرتهم الأولى