PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Hulm the different version?

Najib
11-06-2007, 14:05
No, relax, I don't have it :-)

Hi,

Dr Magdy el Ashmawy told me that many years ago, he heard a different version of Hulm in Iraq with an Iraqi collector.

The thing he can clearly remember is that the version has got a Ney teksim by Girgis the ney player with Umm Kulthum.

So if anyone of you has a Hulm with a Ney teksim, and he thinks that this is THE ordinary Hulm, then he is wrong, this could be the jewel in the crown of this lovely collection.

Cheers
Najib

kabh01
11-06-2007, 19:06
No, relax, I don't have it :-)

Hi,

Dr Magdy el Ashmawy told me that many years ago, he heard a different version of Hulm in Iraq with an Iraqi collector.

The thing he can clearly remember is that the version has got a Ney teksim by Girgis the ney player with Umm Kulthum.

So if anyone of you has a Hulm with a Ney teksim, and he thinks that this is THE ordinary Hulm, then he is wrong, this could be the jewel in the crown of this lovely collection.

Cheers
Najib

Thanks for this piece of information which is totally new to me, my dear Najib.

I for one heard my late father say that UK had sung Hulum only once and I have this recorded on tape. On this tape he was also talking about "Zahr al-Rab'ee yora", which had vanished, that it was sung on the occasion of the inauguration of The Arab League in Cairo back in 1945 where he was present. He was also talking about the beauty of Sheikh Zakaria's composition of "Zahr Al Rab'ee" especially its introduction. Shame at that time neither mini-cassette recorders nor mobile phones with built-in camera were invented !

It would be quite interesting to hear from others, who may have heard or learnt the same. If the case is so, I can immediately put my “Iraq” attachés into operation.

:D

fynyx
12-06-2007, 10:45
سادتي الكرام لقد اشار الاخ محمود قبلا الى وجود تسجيل مختلف لحلم كان بحوزته ثم ضاع فلعله يستطيع افادتنا اذا ما كان هو نفس التسجيل الذي اشار اليه الاخ نجيب ام تسجيل ثالث مختلف و بالتالي لعل افق الحلم لايجاد تسجيل آخر لحلم يتسع ليتحول الى حقيقة
كلام الاخ محمود موجود هنا
http://www.zamanalwasl.net/forums/showpost.php?p=17866&postcount=6