PDA

: Aka Gndz Kutbay and Cinuen Tanrıkorur

dem
15-06-2007, 20:56
Dear friends.

There is a record after a sema ceremony in Konya - Trkiye ( 1977 ) , recorded in hotel to a magnetic tape.

Aka Gndz Kutbay and Cinuen Tanrıkorur are playing together.

I hope that you will enjoy.

Best...

AmbroseBierce
16-06-2007, 02:07
Wonderful - thanks a ton! If there'a more from where this came from, don't hold it back for too long!:)

Najib
16-06-2007, 23:36
Magnetic tape, magnetic paper, magnetic wall, anything that Merhum Cinucen has scribbled on please add it.

Thank you very much.

3amr
17-06-2007, 08:12
This is amazing!
Thank you so much.

Question to all: the semai at the end, the moment it started, I felt a million bells ring in my head, I really know this semai, and have heard it before, but I can't put my finger on it, what is this semai?!

adamgood
18-06-2007, 12:04
Question to all: the semai at the end, the moment it started, I felt a million bells ring in my head, I really know this semai, and have heard it before, but I can't put my finger on it, what is this semai?!

Muhayyer Krdi Saz Semaisi by Sdi Isilay (1899-1969)

Najib
18-06-2007, 13:35
After listening what can I say?

A natural holy breathing instrument played by one of the most talented neyzen ever, and then a string instrument (Ud) nearly transformed into a breathing instrument by one of the most important self-didact Udis of the twentieth century.

Here is my favourite neyzen playing with my favourite Udi.

I saw many pictures of them together, and I always thought, ok, so where are the recordings?

And here you are, dear Dem realizing part of that dream.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.