PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Bairam+Zakariya+OK : "Al Amal" masterpiece

luay
26-10-2005, 05:51
One of the saddest and most disappointing stories with the Arabic recording industry is that these days one would find a CD claiming to have the two masterpieces "Holm" and "Al Amal", both of which were collaborations of the giant trinity Biram, Zakariyya, and Ok.
However, the CD has the last part of Al Amal missing, and the first part of Holm missing. That's a shame, especially when one talks about these specific two songs (not a single second should be missing from these masterpieces: these were sung at the height of Om Kulthoum's singing abilities).

Enjoy the complete Al Amal.
Luay

أبو علاء
26-10-2005, 12:45
Dear Luay, you're of course absoltely right about the exceptional value of both composition and performance in songs such as El-amal, Hulm, El-'awwila, Habibi yis'di 'awqatu, 'ahli-l-hawa and 'ana fi-nthidharak... As for the Arab disk industry, it's indeed a pity and a shame. What is even more shameful is that sometimes they attribute the recordings they're publishin to another singer than the one on the disk (I do have a cd published a few years ago which is a patent example of such kind of mistakes), let alone altering the lyrics or simply the title of songs! Such defects are not uncommon even in supposedly "scientific" editions such as the 'um kalthum anthology published by th well known Paris based "Club du disque arabe". You'll see for instance that Najridi's taqtuqah 'ana 'ala kifak is truncated, Qasabji's monologue Yalli widadi safalak has a sound defect...

luay
27-10-2005, 04:08
Abu A'laa,
I agree with you.
The problem with the Homl/El-Amal CD is that it's really THE ONE available in the market. So, people who never heard these songs before would think these are the complete songs.
I once called the owners of the "maqam" cd/tape online store and told him about the problem (since I bought the CD from them), but I doubt he knew what I was talking about. He told me he likes Om Kulthoum and listens a lot to Enta Omri!!!!! It's sad that of Om Kulthoum's repertoir in the 20's to late 50's or early 60's, people forget about that and listen to Enta Omri.
Anyway, I think it's impossible to fix the problem as long as such people are in charge of the recording/marketing indusrty. Our hopes would be much more realistic if the recording company was owned by a Westerner instead (see the quality of the Asmahan CD that has Hall Tayyama-l-Banu and Hadeethu A'ynayn --- a totally different class of work).

Best regards,
Luay

mabrouk
29-10-2005, 19:43
Thank you Luay
interesting file

Alafandi
29-10-2005, 23:23
J'ai malheureusemnt mal saisi le sens du sujet de Luay sur la production du CD contenant la fameuse paire de "Al Amal + Al Houlm" ...ce CD je le possède depuis plus que 4 ans et il est parfait. Il se peut que la version de Luay a été abréger pour des raisons commerciales. Evidemment ici je n'ai pas pu tout poster pour des raisons techniques du Forum, mais ma version est complète
Salutations

لقد أبدلت الملفّ بملفّ به التّسجيل الكامل لحلم.

أبو علاء
30-10-2005, 15:59
ما كتبه لؤي هو أنّ الاسطوانة الّتي اشتراها للأغنيتين منقوص منها آخر الأمل وأوّل حلم وهو عيب شائع هو وعيوب أخرى فيما يطبع من اسطوانات حديثة في البلاد العربيّة ؛ والأفندي يقول إنّ القرص الّذي يملكه للأغنيتين ليس به أيّ نقص ؛ أنا شخصيّا لم أطّلع على أيّ قرص لهاتين الأغنيتين ولا أدري إن كانت هناك طبعة واحدة أم طبعات مختلفة منه.

luay
30-10-2005, 16:17
Thanks Abu A'laa for the translation; I can't read/write/speak French :-)
As for the recording of Holm that Al Afandi posted, it's even worse than the one we have on the CD :-) It's just the "first half" of the song!!!

Thanks again.
Luay

أبو علاء
30-10-2005, 17:20
Sorry, I haven't checked the file. In this case I'll replace it by mine in a while. That one is complete, I'm sure of it. I have both songs on commercial cassette tapes. Morality: there's no point in buying cds with 'um kalthum songs as in the best of cases they are copies of the good old cassettes, but not always good copies. I remember I bought in Geneva a cd labelled Ya tul 'adhabi live. And it turned out to be a studio recording.

Alafandi
30-10-2005, 21:05
أبو علاء
أكتب بالعربي و اظن إن لواي يستطيع القرائه إن كان في نفس الوقت يستمع الاغاني بالعربي...أعتذر
قضية الاغنتين المذكورتين , فليس هناك أي مشكله, سأحولما إلى نوعية رام و سأرفعهما للمنتدى حان يتسنى لي الوقت
لماذا رام؟ لان الحجمان للاغنيتين كبير , و انت تعلم أبو علاء كم هو محدد الارسال
و إن كنت توصلت قبلى لتنزيلما فأكون لك من الشاكرين
أخوك
افندي

أبو علاء
02-11-2005, 11:05
لا عليك يا حسن ؛ لؤي يقرأ العربيّة ويكتبها كدلك سوى أنّه لم يعتد الطّباعة بالأحرف العربيّة ولا يحفظ مواضعها على اللّوحة. أمّا الأغنيتين فما قصده لؤي هو فقط التّنبيه إلى هذا العيب الشّائع مع عيوب أخرى فيما يطبع ويباع في بلادنا العربيّة، وقد رفع هو تسجيلا كاملا للأمل وسأضع أنا الآن التّسجيل الكامل لحلم محلّ الملفّ الّذي وضعته أنت.

luay
02-11-2005, 15:17
Dear Afandi,
I read, write, and speak Arabic fluently (I'm an Arab :-)
But, as Abu A'laa pointed out, I really have hard time typing in Arabic. One nice feature of this forum is the picture of the Arabic keyboard. I'll try to type in Arabic, but the problem is that it takes me a few seconds just to locate where a character is :-)

I apologize for that.
Luay

Alafandi
02-11-2005, 16:11
Dear Afandi,
I read, write, and speak Arabic fluently (I'm an Arab :-)
But, as Abu A'laa pointed out, I really have hard time typing in Arabic. One nice feature of this forum is the picture of the Arabic keyboard. I'll try to type in Arabic, but the problem is that it takes me a few seconds just to locate where a character is :-)

I apologize for that.
Luay
و لا يهمك أي هم أخي لواي , و نحن كلنا نفهم الانكليزيه و بصفتي الخاصه, الفرنسيه
تحياتي