PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : شمس الأصيل : 7 يونيو 1956

أبو علاء
18-06-2007, 12:00
هذه الحفلة هي آخر ما بثّته إذاعة الأغاني، وقد أفادني فريديريك الّذي سبق له الاستماع إليها في نسخة متوسّطة الجودة أنّها من أجمل حفلات شمس الأصيل إن لم تكن أجملها مطلقا.

fredlag@noos.fr
18-06-2007, 12:29
ويكفي دليلا على ذلك الارتجال العجم / صبا حول
52 > 56

Najib
18-06-2007, 15:31
Something we can commemorate in June other than the Naksah!

fawaz_toumani
18-06-2007, 22:13
أنا و أم كلثوم و حبيب أم كلثوم غايبين عن الوجدان في هذه الرائعة التي رفعتها يا أبو علاء
شكراً لك يا أبو علاء و إني أعتذر عن تقصيري بالمنتدى لأسباب قاهرة

luay
20-06-2007, 06:31
Thanks a million for this one, too, Abu A'laa. To me, I'd agree that this is THE BEST performance of Shamsi-l-Asil, among the ones we've heard so far at least. And this is definitely not a Naksah (Najib :D)

The beautiful stuff starts at minute 37 and 10 seconds, all the way to the very end. Fred mentioned the improvisations at the specific places between 52 and 56 minutes. But to me, it all begins before that. Typical Om Kulthoum indication of her intention to improvise by singing Wugdan the way she does at 38 minutes and 43 seconds. I think the mawwal-like music of Ana W Habibi Ya Nil is Sunbati's equivalent to Zakariya's part of Nas Men Oloubha Tea'aoul Ya Leil in Ahle-l-Hawa: both were composed in such a way to allow Om Kulthoum to improvise. I have no doubt in my mind that Sunbati was sure OK would improvise in this part.

And I agree with the expert Fred that the amazing stuff starts around minute 52. Om Kulthoum gives the impression that she didn't want to finish singing at that night, much to the chagrin of the audience, I guess :D What a lucky audience?!?!? The way she says "Amar" at minute 54 and 1seconds is a killer. And then she goes into some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever heard from Om Kulthoum when she sings Ana W Habibi. I can't give a specific moment here; just listen to it all. And of course, make sure you don't miss Abdu Saleh's accompaniment. I personally can't fathom the idea of Om Kulthoum without Abdu Saleh's qanun and Qassabji's oud in her ensemble.

Finally, we must not overlook the lyrics in this song; they are some of the most beautiful zajal one can hear. They are very simple, yet extremely descriptive. God bless Bayram's soul.

Once again, Abu A'laa "delivered the goods": the best performance of this masterpiece. I know the song itself is not one of Abu A'laa's most favorite (I don't understand why, but that's none of my business :D), but I'm sure he appreciates this recording. Abu A'laa: there's a very good chance you posted it before you listened (given how busy you are); I'd really ask that you put it on the top of your to-listen list, and particularly from minute 37 minutes and 10 seconds.

Thanks again Abu A'laa for the utter joy.
Luay

أبو علاء
20-06-2007, 13:38
Dear Luay, thank god, my daily monitoring of 'idha'ati-l-'aghani stuff under the constant exhortations of Fred:)now and then brings about an interesting performance for us all to enjoy and it's a pleasure to read your detailed comments thereon.

I know the song itself is not one of Abu A'laa's most favorite (I don't understand why, but that's none of my business :D) . .
Luay

You've got it wrong there. Shamsi-l-'asil is among Sunbati's compositions I most appreciate. You must have mistaken it for some other title of which I'm not particularly fond and there are indeed a few of them

[QUOTE][Abu A'laa: there's a very good chance you posted it before you listened (given how busy you are); I'd really ask that you put it on the top of your to-listen list, and particularly from minute 37 minutes and 10 seconds/QUOTE]

You're right in this, instead, and I promise to follow your advice. By the way, I haven't even had the time to listen to the full concert of sahran either.

luay
20-06-2007, 15:55
You've got it wrong there. Shamsi-l-'asil is among Sunbati's compositions I most appreciate. You must have mistaken it for some other title of which I'm not particularly fond and there are indeed a few of them.

I this case, I apologize for the blasphemous accusation :D I don't know where I got the idea from; I most probably confused it with some other song.

You're right in this, instead, and I promise to follow your advice. By the way, I haven't even had the time to listen to the full concert of sahran either.[/LEFT]

I've listened to it thoroughly and posted my comments on this one too; it's very nice.

Luay

sammx
24-06-2007, 03:32
الله الله،واحدة من الحفلات التي تنظف الأذنين مما علق بهما من النشاز الصادر عن مواء القطط . بالمناسبةهذه اول مرة اسمع فيها المذيع يخطأ بأسم كاتب الكلمات .