PDA

: Ustad Gada Mohammad from Afghanistan playing Dutr - Naghmeh e Kashal en Raga Yemen

hamouli
29-07-2007, 22:07
Despite my very rare contributions to this forum (inexistent?), due to the fact that I don't own any valuable Nahda recordings, I am a big fan of the threads and comments of the friends Frdric, Abou Alaa, Najib, Ovide and the other friends of the Nahda's section.

This said, I would like to contribute to this section with some pieces from Afghanistan / Central Asia, hoping that such threads would be useful.

Attached some Afghan music performed by Ustad Gada Mohammad on Dutr with Azim Hassanpur on Tabla, Naghmeh e Kashal en Raga Yemen - Ajam Maquam ? (being aware that the appellations are not the same in the turkish/ persian or central asian music comparing to the arab music). The reason why I have chosen this piece, is that the technic of the player is very joyful, although it is a little bit repetitive.

The name of the CD containing this piece of music: La Route de la soie.

Najib
30-07-2007, 18:36
Thanks a lot Ali, it's so good to hear from you.

The file is obviously inclined more towards the indian than the maqamic music that we like, and yes it's somehow monotonic.

Many thanks anyway.