PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : FYI: Concert in Bibliotheca Alexandrina next thursday

Bassio
23-09-2007, 14:54
I just passed by the Bibliotheca Alexandrina today.

Next thursday (27), there is a concert for a selected adwar by Sayed Darwish (alas, with new reorchestration). I just wonder why won't they play in original instruments.

Anyway .. I recollect: 'Awatfak, ana haweit, 'fee shar3 meen, 'ana 3esheqt, yally qawamak ye3gebny.

Just in case anyone in Egypt considers attending such a concert.

Bassio
23-09-2007, 15:01
Oh, and they also mentioned something about a CD with the concert containing the ten adwars. Something from the bibliotheca I guess.

I wonder how will these recordings compare to the quality of those floating around on the net.

أبو علاء
23-09-2007, 15:27
Anyway .. I recollect: 'Awatfak, ana haweit, 'fee shar3 meen, 'ana 3esheqt, yally qawamak ye3gebny

The very choice of the pieces provides a clue as to the vision those people have of the thing. Isn't it remarkable that the selection doesn't include any of the four dors composed in shear oriental maqams?!

Oh, and they also mentioned something about a CD with the concert containing the ten adwars. Something from the bibliotheca I guess
Hatim has got the CD in question and has already posted some of the pieces therein. Check the index!

Bassio
23-09-2007, 20:08
The very choice of the pieces provides a clue as to the vision those people have of the thing. Isn't it remarkable that the selection doesn't include any of the four dors composed in shear oriental maqams?!

Interesting, maybe because of the difficulty of playing oriental maqams by the large ensemble, who may have been trained on western scales.

I smell 'hyperorchestration'.

I'll go check's Hatem's uploads.

Thanks

Hattouma
25-09-2007, 13:56
HI Bassio i have this release :
http://zamanalwasl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1151