PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Pesref Rast Asem Bey

Najib
23-09-2007, 21:29
It seem that I have waited an eternity to listen to the Ottoman version of this lovely Pesrev who seems more famous in the Arabic repertoire than the turkish repertoire.

It is known that Sami Shawwa was the master who got it to the Arabic ear, and since then there has been many Arabic interpretations of it.

I thank my friend Ahmad Salhi (Zeryab) who pointed out a set of 6 CDs called "Istanbul Klasik Turk Muzigi Orkestrasi"

To my surprise I found this pesrev amongst the tracks.

It also says that it is by Giriftzen Asem Bey, so Girift apparently is a small ney more difficult to play than the normal turkish ney.

I would have loved to find it interpreted by a solo turkish artist rather than orchestrated like this, but this is what we've got at the moment.

Enjoy!

3amr
23-09-2007, 22:18
Well, it's about time we heard a turkish version of this peshrev.

I agree though, this performance is rather disappointing, no ornaments at all, the individual musical lines are almost inaudible, and the ensemble sound is a bit bland.

These people should learn from the old ensemble playing like udi yorgo's ensemble which did wonders with osman bey's nihavend peshrev.

Is it just me or are the koma bemols wayyy to high here? I didn't get any rast feeling at all.

أبو علاء
24-09-2007, 01:01
I agree though, this performance is rather disappointing, no ornaments at all, the individual musical lines are almost inaudible, and the ensemble sound is a bit bland.

I can't agree more. I think the value of this recording is merely a documentary one.

Is it just me or are the koma bemols wayyy to high here? I didn't get any rast feeling at all.

Your ear is safe and fine, 'amr, but I think this is the characteristic of Turkish rast as well as Turkish sikah, isn't it? And this is why I will never have the same feeling when listening to such classical pieces played in their Turkish (original) version as compared to the Arab (altered) one. I suppose this is comparable to our preferring the steak well done whereas the (more) civilised people eat it saignant.:)

Hattouma
24-09-2007, 10:53
I .

And this is why I will never have the same feeling when listening to such classical pieces played in their Turkish (original) version as compared to the Arab (altered) one. I suppose this is comparable to our preferring the steak well done whereas the (more) civilised people eat it saignant.:)

hahaha ... Helwa Ya ABu Alaa :) ..indeed sounds really differnt than the version i love of Al-Shawwa's ensemble.

Najib
24-09-2007, 18:24
You guys suck the joy out of finding a new recording :D

Actually I found it dull as well, and I think Zeryab hated it as well. He also thanked God for Sami el Shawwa's version.

I agree with Mohsen that it is to be used as a reference.

Hopefully we find some archive-ish turkish version of it, but it's a start!