PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Hayyart Qalbi (Beyrouth 1964)

fredlag@noos.fr
23-01-2008, 11:04
This recording was provided by Kamal, and broadcasted by Idha3at al-Aghani a few days ago. This is the first time they present a hafla kharigiyya, let's hope it's not the last time.
The concert itself is not the best ever, but has its moments : of course, expert qafalat in the 4th section (we yeban le-3eini hawaaaak / we ruhi tesma3 nidaaak), some non-metric impros, although limited. That's on the good side. On the negative side, the Lady's voice is not always as precise as it should, and some sentences are on the limit of nashaz.

alffy74
23-01-2008, 13:08
Thanks Fred:) I always thought that 1964 is a turning point in Umm Kulthum's career, not only because she started to sing Abd el Wahab's compositions, but because I believe it's the year you could easily notice regression in her vocal abilities.

On another note, I think this was not the only time Umm Kulthum sang Hayyart Qalbi in Beirut. I possess an incomplete tape recording of the song that I have my reasons to believe it was from a concert in Lebanon due to the audience frenzy. In contrast to the version you have just posted, the one I have has absolutely wonderful impros on the 4th paragraph, with taqasseem on the qanun, oud, and kaman. Has any one heard this performance? Is it available complete anywhere? I personally love this song very much...El Sumbati did some great melodic twists, such as "di nazrit shouq w henniya, w di dam3a badariha, w da khayal bin el agfan fedel ma3aya el leil koullo, sahharni bi fekr w ashgan w fat li gouwwa el 3ein dhillo" and "hafdal ahibbak min gheir ma oullak eh elli hayyar afkari, la hadd albak ma youm yidillak 3ala hawaya el middari...."

SALAM!
Alfred

fredlag@noos.fr
25-01-2008, 16:10
Hi Alfred,

The UK-Hayyart qalbi (Kuwayt 11-11-1963, Cinema Al-Andalus) is on the forum and has both taqsim qanun and taqsim 3ud. It is a very good concert, and the recording we have of it is acceptable, although certainly not good on the technical
The alledged Aley 08-09-1963 one is a fine concert as well, but only here on the forum as a real media (rm) file, not even an mp3, with awful bitrate, so if anyone one has
1/ confirmation that it is Aley september 63
2/ a good copy of it
it would be nice to upload it.

alffy74
26-01-2008, 02:11
Thanks Fred for drawing my attention to the Kuwait 63 performance that is uploaded here; it is actually the one I have on tape, but I'm so happy this is the complete version. The reason I dismissed it before is because I have one performance that I had downloaded from another website that claims to be Kuwait 1963, but is different from the one here!!!
I haven't had the chance to listen to the one in Aley yet.

SALAM!

Alfred

MORIN
20-10-2008, 05:20
Thanks Fred:) I always thought that 1964 is a turning point in Umm Kulthum's career, not only because she started to sing Abd el Wahab's compositions, but because I believe it's the year you could easily notice regression in her vocal abilities.

On another note, I think this was not the only time Umm Kulthum sang Hayyart Qalbi in Beirut. I possess an incomplete tape recording of the song that I have my reasons to believe it was from a concert in Lebanon due to the audience frenzy. In contrast to the version you have just posted, the one I have has absolutely wonderful impros on the 4th paragraph, with taqasseem on the qanun, oud, and kaman. Has any one heard this performance? Is it available complete anywhere? I personally love this song very much...El Sumbati did some great melodic twists, such as "di nazrit shouq w henniya, w di dam3a badariha, w da khayal bin el agfan fedel ma3aya el leil koullo, sahharni bi fekr w ashgan w fat li gouwwa el 3ein dhillo" and "hafdal ahibbak min gheir ma oullak eh elli hayyar afkari, la hadd albak ma youm yidillak 3ala hawaya el middari...."

SALAM!
Alfred

SALAM!
Alfred

with regards to ur comments here, after getting help with this part (the words, as i dont know arabic ..am learning arabic with help of the songs ) from a yemeni friend in madrid i recognized it right away. it is one of my favorite parts of hayyart, love the beginning with the violins, which i was able to manage to play it on the guitar after hours of stress and frustration. i mean the part before she sings aaa asi busi fayneya... i wish i could find sunbati playing this and otheras he gives a different flavor with his way of accompanying his songs. even the way he sings because i dont have , as most of us, the voice or quality, strength, etc. of uk but we all get pleasure of trying to sing a little. music helps everyone, gives endorphines as chocolate does, according to some scientists. makes us feel better. i dont have a voice like sunbati being a woman but like the way he sings and it is easier for me to follow him than uk, with exceptions as i cant find many of his recordings. thanx to these recordings i get a feeling of his music as i dont read notes, just by ear. like some of the old blues singers who didnt have strength or technique but sounded great with their guitar accompanyment.and when the record companies started modernizing the recordings by adding modern backgrounds with an orchestra that didnt know the singer, it ruined the songs.not so with uk, she and her musicians had a rapport and so the orquestra also improvised , at least in some parts like in the long version i saw in utube of min agli aineik with the violin,etc. but i love the old concerts with less musicians.and her style also changed. i am so happy to have the old concert of salu kuus atela, but also love the other one from the 40´s, the introduction which isnt on the older version or maybe it is incomplete. please keep mentioning the verses by quotes in english for people like me who are addicted to uk and cant catch the words without help. also is it possible to bring some of sunbati´s recordings to the forum? or at least tell us where to find it, besides the kuwait tv. someone told me during the conference of the gulf council in madrid (i always try to find someone in these confereces who love uk and can give me info) that some of the countries want to prohibit utube because of the spam. and some of uk recordings have been taken off. since uk has appeared, i am able to enjoy seeing her, not only listening, why dont they have antispam for the music. I got spam looking for uk on the utube which is harder to tell if one doesnt read arabic.
well it is 5 in the m orning. ineed some rest.
i welcome any personal mssges from anyone also.
morin