PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Sahran - Studio

Najib
14-11-2005, 23:19
NOT dedicated to Luay and NOT dedicated to Abu 3ala
:-)

أبو علاء
14-11-2005, 23:22
Thanks, Najib, for the (NON)dedication.:)

Najib
14-11-2005, 23:27
I hope you'll like it.

I know this is going to sound childish but when I'm driving in London at night and I put this version of Sahran, I feel that Umm Kulthum is singing it just for me! Her voice is very very clear in this recording, although I think there is a bit of problem with the speed but this from an "original" cairophone CD - Mashallah!

luay
15-11-2005, 00:25
And I'm now downloading the non-dedicated song and will start enjoying it shortly :-)

Listening to OK in the car is best, since the space is so small and one can listen much more carefully...

Thanks.
Luay

Hattouma
15-11-2005, 21:11
which reminds I discovered some of the magic of Oum Kolthoum one night in a car ( what we call in Egypt a microbus ..sort of a taxi ) travelling on a desert road between 2 non - famous places ...being the young man I was at the time at the time , I never had patience to sit and listen to one hour song of oum kolthoum 's . however in the darkness of the desert and the silence of the car ...There was no escape ..I found out then that her songs could be the best companion for a driver on such a lonely road ...I think all drivers in Egypt (and elsewhere ) know this :)

أبو علاء
16-11-2005, 00:04
Coming back to this recording of Sahran and to views exchanged in our tripartite correspondence (Luay, Najib and myself), I agree with your shared appreciation concerning the relaxed voice of 'um kalthum here, but this is definitely a too summary interpretation for me, too hasty one. As for the speed, I might be wrong, but I don't see any abnormality about it here.

luay
16-11-2005, 15:01
I agree with Abu A'laa. The recording speed is fine; the singing speed is very high, however. As Abu A'laa said, it's too hasty (for example, the music between the different parts hardly finishes when Om Kulthoum starts singing!).
So, as for her voice, etc., you hear them clearly here. But as for a good performance, one would definitely opt for the live recordings.

Luay