PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : اسطوانات عربية قديمة old 78rpm records (1930's-1950's)

Hattouma
28-07-2008, 22:47
تسجيلات اسطوانات عربية قديمة خاصة من بلاد الشام...

various old arabic and greek 78 rpm recordings from the 1930s - 50s ,Thanks to AmbroseBierce for this link

music.cdbpdx.com/ArabicMusic

و اليوناني

78records.cdbpdx.com/Greek

أبو علاء
29-07-2008, 00:33
I'm afraid there's nothing of real interest to this forum there. Most of the (Arabic) stuff is made of folk and/or movie songs and music from local labels by seconday (Jewish) artists. Probably the kind of stuff more or less widely available in the US and from which we have previously had a few samples through Fred and Zeryab. The listing comprises a reprint of one of 'um kalthum songs.

Hattouma
30-07-2008, 14:02
بالفعل و تسجيلات صليب القطريب (و أم كلثوم) موجودة في المنتدى, في الواقع أضفت الوصلة خاصة للمهتمين بالتراث الشعبي الشامي ( مثل زهير و الفارابي) و يوناني الامبراطورية العثمانية (ريتا أباتزي) مثل حاكم..

mehsendoueihi
03-08-2008, 13:41
thank you both Ambrose and hattouma for the shami songs.they are definetly turath

أبو علاء
04-08-2008, 00:58
thank you both Ambrose and hattouma for the shami songs.they are definetly turath
There's no such a thing called "turath". This term is a vague one that engulfes a whole throng of all kind of varieties with a single common characteristic that is to be "old" . This forum deals exclusively with the classical repertoire among such varieties. Anything else is of no interest for us.
There is nothing in this clarification against either Hatim, a co-founder of this forum with the above described field of interest or Paul who's one of the forum moderators and nothing people who have some interest for "old" recordings in general without any further specification. But, this clarification has to be made once again and, I hope, once for all and members of this forum have the obligation to respect such orientation.

mehsendoueihi
09-08-2008, 13:14
dearAbu 3ala I wish you could be more specific about how I disrespected the web orientation so I can avoid that in the future. I love your website

أبو علاء
09-08-2008, 23:20
dearAbu 3ala I wish you could be more specific about how I disrespected the web orientation so I can avoid that in the future. I love your website
Your above post came (in view of both its location and its content) as a clear negation of what was written in my own initial comment or, at least, this is wy own perception thereof. Now, once again, we have nothing against folklore or any other variety of Arab music except that this is not the object of this forum. Flagging such a concept as much vague as "turath" in dealing with this kind of recordings here may be misleading. That's why, your comment here could not be left unanswered.

mehsendoueihi
12-08-2008, 13:19
I understand your point of view better now,though let me assure you that was not the case. I used the word turath merely because Hattem used this word in describing this style of songs and thanked them for finding two songs by Eudett Ke3do the only singer from my hometown and two songs by Kahraman.and on the record written the poet Boulos al Doueihi, one of my own family.there is no more or less to it than that.I hope you except my explanation and sorry if I offended you in any way it wasn't meant like that at all

أبو علاء
12-08-2008, 13:45
Thank you for these explanations. Everything is cleear now. The matter is closed.