PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Syriac & Byzantine chanting websites

Burhan
27-12-2008, 12:25
The School of Ecclesiastical Music (S.E.M.)
www.semlebanon.org

The School of Ecclesiastical Music (S.E.M.) of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Mount Lebanon is

· a school where new generations are initiated to the traditional yet living psaltic art of our Church

· a choir where voices of men and women come together to glorify God and to echo the voice of Christ

· a family of Church members investing talent, time, and resources to perpetuate a byzantine tradition of liturgical beauty

Since the School of Ecclesiastic Music opened its doors in 1997, a large number of chanters from all over Mount Lebanon joined and still join the school, motivated by their wish to turn their voice into an instrument of praise to the Lord.

Believing that liturgical tradition lives through generations, SEM adopted a dynamic entrepreneurial style and modern pedagogical techniques, which made it particularly attractive to today’s youth and gave it the ability to grow at a fast pace. By attracting youth, the school has been for many a door back into commitment to the community life of the Church.

Since the beginnings, the school worked and reworked its curriculum to make it effective and efficient in helping students reach the best academic results in the shortest possible period. SEM’s approach to byzantine ecclesiastical music is both academic and rooted in authentic tradition; the academic research constantly aims at improving how the choir brings tradition’s treasures to today’s believers.

“Freely you have received, freely give” is a teaching that encouraged SEM students to join the school’s choir. Since it was founded, SEM choir embarked on a journey full of challenges and achievements, not only satisfying the thirst of orthodox Christians to byzantine tradition but also reaching out to non-orthodox and non-Christian audiences and sharing with the wide public the treasures of our rich liturgical heritage. Today, SEM’s choir is counted among the best choirs in Lebanon and is invited to participate in orthodox and non-orthodox events.

By the grace of God, the synergy of enthusiastic SEM members and sponsors came to bear fruits: SEM released 15 recordings and performed numerous live concerts, all attesting to a constantly growing level of proficiency, professionalism, and a restless desire to praise the Lord and build His Church. SEM crossed the geographical borders of Mount Lebanon with concerts in Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Greece and Mount Athos. SEM also crossed the language barriers through its English recordings which made it renowned in Britain and North America. The TV coverage of SEM concerts takes the voice even further. In addition, SEM is actively contributing to orthodox-related TV and Radio programs.

Burhan
06-01-2009, 14:08
www.qolo.org

includes a section about maronite music (in French)

أبو علاء
06-01-2009, 20:42
يبدو أنّ محرّك المنتدى لا يستوعب بعض علامات الكتابة الفرنسيّة وخصوصا منها الحركات المنبورة، فأرجو مراجعة المقال وتحويل تلك الحركات إلى حركات خالية من النّبر ليصير مقروءا أو رفعه على هيئة صورة أو ملفّ بي دي إيف.

Hattouma
07-01-2009, 14:25
it seems fine to me. Maybe changing the encoding of browser would help?

أبو علاء
07-01-2009, 15:43
it seems fine to me. Maybe changing the encoding of browser would help?
Are you sure, Hatim? Doesn't the first word in the article look like this in your browser: "L'Église" instead of L'Eglise ?
If so, then this is not fine.

hafid.benhachem
08-01-2009, 01:49
I think Abu Alaa is right. I changed the encoding of my browser and I also changed the browser but it didn't work. It would possibly be a typing mistake :confused:

أبو علاء
08-01-2009, 09:17
I'm afraid this is a new instance that shows that we don't read or, at least, we don't read properly, with enough attention, which amounts to the same in my view. It's not a typing error either, simply because if read the whole text, you'll notice that every single capital "é" is turned into "É". I suppose this is a script/encoding problem, but at a lower level than that of the browser. It only happens when "é" is typed as a captial letter and this is due to the fact that capital é is not a standard character. In standard French spelling, such vowels normally written with an accent when in lowercase loose their accent in uppercase.

Hattouma
08-01-2009, 09:33
indeed changing the encoding did not work.