PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Information request

أبو علاء
09-01-2009, 16:53
We have received the following message from one of our new members. The message is too short and too vague for me to grasp the precise object of this request. Nevertheless, anybody who can help in answering the questions or provide any information to this gentleman is kindly requested to do so. The conerned member and any other member with similar queries or requests are invited to post them here in this section instead of writing to the forum administrators. Your understanding and cooperation will be most appreciated

I was recommended to your web site by a Professor of Arabic music and a famous Oud player from Nazareth. I am researching for a book about Palestine and I wanted to know of famous Oud players who performed concerts in Cairo and Alexandria in 1918 and 1919.

Can you help me with this and can you recommend any recordings that might exist from time of such performers.

I am a registered user of your web site – Paul 98848728

Thank you for your help.

Paul Usiskin

الفارابي
10-01-2009, 01:35
Welcome aboard Paul

This is really weird ! I have never heard of Palestinian oud players who had performed in Cairo, or elswhere in Egypt, early in the last century . It's interesting where from did you hear or read such an information & what book are you referring to
Are you searching for such a book, or researching a book
More specific &/or explicit info. shall be needed in order to try & answer your question/s

yours
Alfaraby