PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Samai Zanjouran

greengrass
31-05-2009, 16:41
Dear friends,

I want to say that this forum is wonderful, so I send the music sheet of Samai Zanjouran,

a beatiful composition by Youssef Kassab, that I find just in line with the fine things that

you offer to us, hoping that some musician could play it with pleasure. I had some

problem uploading the pages, but soon I will try to send all of them.

Ciao to everyone

Najib
02-06-2009, 20:48
Hi there, thanks for the notes.

Excuse my utter ignorance but who is Yussef Kassab?

greengrass
12-06-2009, 20:31
Yussef Kassab has transcribed, in a book that I have on Arabic songs, many compositions

by Umm Kulthum, Muhammad 'Abd al-Wahhab, Riyad al-Sinbati ecc. and I think he did

a very good job and that he is a good musician. Anyway I will look for more information,

Bye bye

MORIN
22-06-2009, 02:46
Yussef Kassab has transcribed, in a book that I have on Arabic songs, many compositions

by Umm Kulthum, Muhammad 'Abd al-Wahhab, Riyad al-Sinbati ecc. and I think he did

a very good job and that he is a good musician. Anyway I will look for more information,

Bye bye
where can i find this book? as i am learning their songs and it is difficult not domi ating arabic. i am learning to read a little with the music, as i did with spanish songs before i
could speak spanish. i live in madrid and came to
spain for the music. now i am learning uk and sunbati with recordings and youtube which wasnt available when ii was learning
spanish and spanish music

greengrass
29-06-2009, 17:03
A good friend of mine gave me a copy of this book, that is intitled " Selection from
the best of Arabic songs, selected and notated by Youssef Kassab". I have found on
line the site of Youssef Kassab, searching only with his name, and there is a section
for books, maybe it is possible to have this one. He lives in America now, he is born
in Syria and is a teacher of Arabic music. Anyway next time I will try
to send other music sheets of the same.
Ciao