PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Qassabji - Taqsim

AlfLeila
24-06-2009, 03:06
Here are a 4 taqsims by Mohamed El Qassabji.
1. Hijaz Kar Qurd
2. Mounadah
3. Nahawand
4. Shad Araban

I've checked the forum to make sure these were never posted. my apologizes if I missed them..

-AlfLeila

Hattouma
24-06-2009, 15:39
الأستاذ محمد القصبجي..بنفسه
Ostaz Mohammad al-qasabgi ..himself !

i think mounadah is the name of the piece not the maqam ...thanks a lot ,can you give us any info on these recordings ?

AlfLeila
24-06-2009, 17:38
I don't have too much info on these recordings. These were originaly my grandfather's RPMs which my uncle recorded to tape, and i converted to mp3s. the dates are mentioned on the tracks themselves, but that's about all i know.

it's interesting, because i recall the records not having any label from baidaphon or polyphon.. they're blank. so I can't be sure if these were publicly released or just private recordings.

I'm sure my grandfather got them in cairo. if not, then maybe alexandria where he lived for a short while.

أبو علاء
25-06-2009, 09:21
I've checked the forum to make sure these were never posted. my apologizes if I missed them..
Btw, does anyone know of any songs in "mounadah"? this is the only musical piece I know of in this maqam.

You're right, Alfleila, none of these pieces was on the forum before you uploaded them and you've done us a big favour to upload them. Three of them are as you said clearly taken from old records. As for the labels, although I'm not an expert in the matter (Fred could help much better than me), I think they are from Columbia. As for the longer one, it's too long to be taken from a record. The sound quality and the "tone" indicate it's from a more recent period (probably not earlier than the late fourties if not from a later date). As for the indication by the speaker in the beginning of the recording, I think it's "munagat" and not munadah. It's simply a title and has nothing to do with the maqam. The maqam sounds a bit strange in the beginning due to the low rukuz and to the modulations by the way typical of Qasabgi in whichever maqam he deals with, however, we can easily recognize nahawand as soon as he decides to leave the initial tetrachord.

TruePharaoh21
25-06-2009, 20:55
Hello everyone,

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here, and I haven't checked the forums' rules concerning posting other sites, but here it goes. Mike Malek of mikeouds.com has graciously posted excellent quality recordings of the files posted here and more on a page dedicated to el-Qasabji. You're more than welcome to delete this post if it's against forum rules, I just thought I'd share some of the gems that are posted online.

http://mikeouds.com/qassab.html

Enjoy!
TP21

أبو علاء
25-06-2009, 21:33
Hello everyone,

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here, and I haven't checked the forums' rules concerning posting other sites, but here it goes. Mike Malek of mikeouds.com has graciously posted excellent quality recordings of the files posted here and more on a page dedicated to el-Qasabji. You're more than welcome to delete this post if it's against forum rules, I just thought I'd share some of the gems that are posted online.
TP21

In this specific case, there's no harm in mentioning the website for whoever wants to get more information/material.
This said, not all the files are Qasabgi's recordings (and it is clearly mentioned only in the the case of dhikrayati) and not all of them are of good sound quality including excerpts from 'um kalthum concerts of which we have here excellent copies. The sama'i played by the composer on his 'ud is a discovery for me. The only (good) version I have known thereof to date was the one played by Salih 'abdi-l-hay ensemble.