sammai anghmi
Salim Al Nur -composer & ud
Abraham Salman - qanun
yaakov mourad -percussion
albert eliad -nai
yosef shem tov-ud

أبو علاء
26-03-2010, 22:47
Honestly, I didn't grasp either the name or the structure of this maqam. It sounds as a mix of bayati and sikah (?) but I can't produce a more precise description and I'm not even sure of that. Would it be an iraqi maqam? As for the sama'i, it sounds a bit academic (like so many compositions of various Arab composers from the mid-twentieth century onward). The melody is an Arab one, no question to that, but not much genuine feeling in it. I didn't like the last khana that comes in place of the darig.

Itzik73
28-03-2010, 00:49
Honestly, I didn't grasp either the name or the structure of this maqam. It sounds as a mix of bayati and sikah (?) but I can't produce a more precise description and I'm not even sure of that. Would it be an iraqi maqam? As for the sama'i, it sounds a bit academic (like so many compositions of various Arab composers from the mid-twentieth century onward). The melody is an Arab one, no question to that, but not much genuine feeling in it. I didn't like the last khana that comes in place of the darig.

the makam unlisted in the wrapper of the disk, I think that this Makam ushak ( is not a Egyptian ushak is this Nahawand on D=RE ) this Bayyati that starts from C=do and is delayed on the F=fa and descend also under the A=la, therefore nourished is heard also Siga.as for to the composer salim el nur Jewish Iraqi that reputed to the big composer. there is more Samai that salah el kuwaiti plays on violin (solo violin), I raise a few more Smai, the first in makam Iraq.the second sound like kurd.The third in makam Nagriz
In the first, salah el kweiti on the sulu violin.