PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Omar al-Batsch

ZahraMughanniyya
16-02-2011, 18:13
Dear friends,

I've come across recently with the name of Omar al-Batsch, 'ud player and singer (not sure if a Sheikh) from Haleb, Syria. I was wondering if anyone have any information about him that would like to share (recordings, photos, all is welcomed)!

I read also that he trained a Palestinian musician from the early twentieth century called Wasif Jawhariyyeh (1887-?), who became a cornerstone performer in Muwashshahat and 'Ud.
There is also very little information about him but i know that his memories have been published along with a recording CD of 60mts.

I would appreciate information on both these musicians. I'm deeply interested in the Muwahshah and it's renditions in the very early tweentieth century.

Many thanks in advance to all,
ZM

أبو علاء
16-02-2011, 20:23
The right place to post queries and requests is here in this section.

Kamal Kassar
18-02-2011, 21:14
If you read arabic then you can go in this forum to the following link and have a booklet of 21 pages about Omar al Batsh:
http://www.zamanalwasl.net/forums/showthread.php?p=20773#post20773

on the other hand there is a book of wassef Jawhariyeh memories in two volumes published by mo'assasat al dirasat al falatiniya. it comes with a CD

ZahraMughanniyya
05-03-2011, 18:51
Salaam Mr. Kassim,

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunatelly my Arabic language skills are quite basic but i will try and get through the booklet you fw me to in this forum. As for the Memoirs, i was having a bit of exitation since i have only very recently come across the name of Omar al/Batsch. Maybe you could help me:
1) What is his relevance in the Alleppo school of music/singing?
2) What is his impact in the vocal music style (or rendition) of the muwashshah?

So many more questions but i'd be happy if you could help me with these. Meanwhile I'll be trying to read what you've recommended.

Best regards,
Z