PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Sami El Shawwa - Taqsim bayati nawa

AlfLeila
12-08-2011, 03:22
sami el shawa - taqsïm bayat nawa

أبو علاء
12-08-2011, 10:22
I'm astonished to notice the relatively low number of of Shawwa's taqsims on the forum and that this is the only the second tasqim bayati here! This one seems to belong to the late period. Maybe it's from his tour in the US (New York?).

AlfLeila
17-08-2011, 04:42
I'm astonished to notice the relatively low number of of Shawwa's taqsims on the forum and that this is the only the second tasqim bayati here!
I notice Shawa's repertoire pronounced mostly in the auxilary of other takhts, and of course, the premier violinist in RPMs of nearly every turn-of-the-century artist. In the scope of his vast recording stock, proportionatly, I think he is more noted for his collaborations than his solo endeavors. Though his solo recording career is a grand paradigm of taqsim & sama'i (I only know of about 35 of his taqsims), his presence in almost everyone else's musical work is far more profound in number (but i've never counted :)

This one seems to belong to the late period Maybe it's from his tour in the US (New York?).
when was he is New York???????????????? perhaps to meet with el bakkar and dance the port said :D

أبو علاء
17-08-2011, 16:34
I can tell you precisely. Actually, I'm not sure whether he went there only once or more. He might have gone in the mid-thirties and another time in the fifties. There is a CD containing some of his recordings in New York and I think the taqsím you posted belongs tot that CD. The date would 1953. But, I'm not hundred per cent sure. I think Zeryab or Hattouma could help with further information and more precisions.