PDA

:

YOUSEFELMUSSRI
12-10-2011, 14:29
I was talking to my father and he told me about a piece of poetry that he learned back in BENHA, Egypt around 1938.
It was taught to them with a tune.
He sang it to me it was a very pleasant and catchy tune in maqam SIKAH.

I looked on line and I found a similar song (not exactly the same words) but also not in SIKAH.

Here are the words.
Are any of you familiar with this piece and do you know of a recording of it in SIKAH?

Thanks for your help.

12-10-2011, 14:56
Didn't it occur to you that this had nothing to do with "The classical Egyptian Repertoire: the 78 rpm record era", which is the title of the section in which you originally opened this thread, especially that you're not new around and you know very well what a 78rpm record is?!

YOUSEFELMUSSRI
17-10-2011, 05:52
I'm sorry Abu 'Ala' but I do think it must be an old song from the 20's that was recorded on a 78rpm and that's why it is so elusive.
Please pardon me if I'm wrong but I have no reason to believe it's a new or modern song nor a song of the late 30's.
The way my father described it to me it was something that was taught to him then but that it was much older.

17-10-2011, 09:55
I'm sorry Abu 'Ala' but I do think it must be an old song from the 20's that was recorded on a 78rpm and that's why it is so elusive.
Please pardon me if I'm wrong but I have no reason to believe it's a new or modern song nor a song of the late 30's.

This is not totally impossible but, I doubt it is the kind of song that one expects to have been recorded on 78rpm. It sounds like a schoolchildren song, not the kind of songs that you find recorded on any kind of support. This said, whatever the nature and the origin of the son, yours is a query/request and queries and requests are to be posted here.

YOUSEFELMUSSRI
23-10-2011, 04:35
No problem at all. I understand fully and I appreciate your time and effort in replying to me and moving this to its proper place.