PDA

: Cinucen Tanrikorur

AmbroseBierce
02-01-2006, 15:50
Probably everyone of you has this fantastic album Ocora published in 1994 of the music of Cinucen Tanrikorur (entitled simply "Turquie. Cinucen Tanrikorur"). Still maybe it is new for someone. To me this CD is manong the best Turkish oud music I ever heard.

So here is Taksim bestenigar - recorded in France in March 1983.

Najib
02-01-2006, 16:25
I've been listening to the same recording this week.

I do have Cinucen on a video CD playing one of the tracks of the Ocra radio France Cd.

If you can put the last two tracks it will be also great.

And welcome to the forum my friend.

AmbroseBierce
02-01-2006, 21:18
I've been listening to the same recording this week.

I do have Cinucen on a video CD playing one of the tracks of the Ocra radio France Cd.

If you can put the last two tracks it will be also great.

And welcome to the forum my friend.

It is my pleasure to be in this forum.

Here are the two pieces you asked for: "Taksim hseyni" and "Le Retour des champs". Unfortunately I don't have the booklet of this CD - I'd have loved to quote anything interesting from that.

Najib
03-01-2006, 16:54
I will add something from the booklet very soon.

AmbroseBierce
10-03-2006, 00:42
Someone has posted links to the album "Fasil" by Cinucen Tanrikorur (oud & vocals) with Murat S. Tokac (ney & tanbur) and Fahreddin Sükrü Yarkin (bendir & daire) on Mike's Oud Forum - a wonderful album on a very interesting forum:
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=3437
Highly recommended!

Najib
10-03-2006, 10:37
I've been chasing stuff with Cinucen's playing for ages.

In fact I've been practising his Koyde Sabah semai for the last couple of months, and it really improved my playing.

Is this available commercially?

Thanks a lot
Najib

Najib
10-03-2006, 10:44
None of the links are working!! when you click free and wait for few seconds, it says wrong link.

Can you please upload them, or send them to me in a rar on yousendit, and I'll upload them.

Many thanks
Najib

AmbroseBierce
10-03-2006, 17:37
That is strange. The links work perfectly for me. Yesterday I downloaded them all and I've just tried them again and they seem to work. Anyway, I'll upload them here.

Commercially available? It is an album from Le Chant du monde, but it is not listed on their website anymore, so I guess it is out of stock.

And yes, I too am looking for Cinucen Tanrikorur's recordings since long. Last summer I was in Istanbul and was quite astonished that nothing was available even there - I asked in so many shops. So I couldn't believe my eyes when this post came up.

AmbroseBierce
10-03-2006, 17:52
Here are the next pieces:

AmbroseBierce
10-03-2006, 18:01
The third part:

AmbroseBierce
10-03-2006, 18:12
And here are the last four pieces of this album:

Hakem
10-03-2006, 18:17
This is a real treasure!

I was listening to Ocora CD with Najib in London on Sunday night, and it is on my list to buy. I agree, it is one of the finest Turkish Oud!

By the way, in his FASIL (a classical suite) album, his compositions are in a maqam that he himself created called Makam Seddisaba. If you have any info on this maqam let us know please.

Hakem
11-03-2006, 00:52
I came across attributed to Cinucen, I thought to pass them by you.

http://www.tulumba.com/storeItem.asp?ic=MU939505JU819

http://www.tulumba.com/storeItem.asp?ic=MU939506EQ434

AmbroseBierce
11-03-2006, 01:44
That's interesting, thank you. It seems, these are compositions of Cinucen Tanrikorur, played by Aleddin Yavaşca, and particularly in the Makam Şeddisab you were asking about.

Najib
11-03-2006, 11:37
Ambrose you are a star.

I can't thank you enough for posting this excellent rare CD.

Hakem, I will chase up the Alaeddin Yavascha stuff, because he himself is a very important Turkish composer.

AmbroseBierce
11-03-2006, 16:30
Here you can find a video about Cinucen Tanrikorur, interviews, concert clips, etc. - not very good quality, but it's 48 Minutes long! I think it was a TV program of some Turkish station.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=cinucen

Najib
11-03-2006, 19:48
I have a good Video CD of the same material.

Najib
13-03-2006, 19:13
Is there a difference between the two CDs that Hakim posted?

AmbroseBierce
13-03-2006, 20:58
To be honest, I don't know. The track lists are half the same, but the choir part is different, so it might be different albums.

By the way, Nuri told me that Alâeddin Yavaşca is coming to Berlin soon and that he will give a concert here. I fear I won't be able to get the recording, but I hope to attend the concert.

Hakem
16-03-2006, 16:32
Is there a difference between the two CDs that Hakim posted?

I second what Ambrose thinks. They have the same publisher, same year, and common songs. What is the difference, I don't know!

Najib
25-03-2006, 20:20
Hatim has managed to find the 2nd Yavastcha CD that we mentioned above, and has sent it to me.

To my great surprise, it also features Cinucen amongst the players.

All what I need to do now is order the first one!!

AmbroseBierce
25-03-2006, 20:37
No, there's one more thing you'll have to do: upload the music here!

Najib
26-03-2006, 00:28
I promise.

The problem is that En Chordais' latest CDs had been in the making for 3 years now, and suddenly they hit the market in one go.

Such a joy, but so overwhelming!

AmbroseBierce
02-04-2006, 20:44
It seems there's a new CD with compositions of Cinucen Tarikorur played by Glcin Yahya on oud and Pinar Somakci on kanun:
http://www.tulumba.com/storeItem.asp?ic=MU939490AK895

Najib
04-04-2006, 02:32
It's a few years old, I have it.

It went out of stock, and now they have re-stocked it that's why it shows as new.

Najib
07-04-2006, 13:10
I copied this from the collection of my Turkish brother Cahit Baylav 2 years ago, and now that Tulumba have restocked it I got the original recording.

Gulcin Yahya and Pinar Somakci play the compositions of Cinucen Tanrikorur.

Track 2 Semai Pesendide
Track 14 Longa Kurdili Hicaz Kar

AmbroseBierce
07-04-2006, 18:12
Thanks Najib, this music makes another strong point for Cinucen Tanrikorur's qualities as a composer. Particularly the Longa is a beautiful piece. The album is another new entry in my list of what to buy.

Hakem
09-04-2006, 23:45
Glucin is a perfect udi!

Are we talking about this CD
http://www.tulumba.com/storeItem.asp?ic=MU939490AK895

If so, the Longa Kurdilihicazkar is track 16 and not 14. Please let me know.

Thanks Najib

Najib
10-04-2006, 11:27
It says 16, but the CD actually has only 14 tracks. Suprise!!!

marwan
27-08-2007, 16:12
Hello

About the udi Gulcin Yahya, can someone learn me which is this pesrev she plaid in the Oman ud festival, and who can send a record from it?
I think it was in Hicaz, someone told me it is a piece from Refik Fersan or Talaat Alpman.

I can't tell you more informations about it, I saw it on a video a few time ago but without succeed to find it again.

Thanks for your help.

AmbroseBierce
20-09-2007, 22:48
I've been away from zamanalwasl for quite some time now - I hope you forgive me, Najib. To make up for that I will upload a vault of Cinucen's music I found recently - 27 pieces in all. Please feel free to delete anything already here. I didn't have the time yet to check closely what is really new. In fact I'm right now listening to these pieces for the first time and as you can imagine, I'm deeply moved by the beauty of them. Cinucen at his best.

The file names might look a bit strange, but that's how I found them. Also the sound quality is not perfect, but the music makes up for that, I'm sure.

AmbroseBierce
20-09-2007, 23:06
Part 2

AmbroseBierce
20-09-2007, 23:19
Part 3

AmbroseBierce
20-09-2007, 23:34
Part 4

AmbroseBierce
20-09-2007, 23:48
Part 5

AmbroseBierce
21-09-2007, 00:00
Part 6 - final post

Hattouma
21-09-2007, 11:20
WELCOME BACK, Paul i was also wondering and yesterday went to visit your other "home" ate skafunk :) (after few months of absence) ,you know how this ended !
thank you very much for the files ,until i can download later ...

Najib
22-09-2007, 11:22
My dear Paul,

Sorry I only saw your post today!!!

Welcome back, this section has definitely missed your precious contributions.

Thanks, and I'll get back after downloading and listening the files which most probably will be on Monday.

A lot is happening on the personal level. More in the e-mails I promise.

Cheers
Najib

Najib
22-09-2007, 19:50
Paul,

I've started listening now.

You know one post from you make it so visible to me why did we ever bother going through opening a forum.

Thanks to people like you it is absolutely worth it.

What can I say, Cinucen is Cinucen arguably one of the greatest self-didact in the history of the Ottoman music.

Thanks a lot my friend.

We're forever in your debt.

AmbroseBierce
26-09-2007, 23:46
Najib, thanks for the friendly words. I'm the one indebted to you and the others around here. I still know next to nothing about most of the music in this treasure house, but still you have opened a world of listening pleasure to me.

But back to "business": Today a guy called mahoaga63 at mp3yap.org posted another bunch of Cinucen's music, which I will re-up here in this and some more posts. This time it's songs with instrumental ensemble and a small choir.

Najib
26-09-2007, 23:49
Thanks Paul,

In a private exchange 3amr was saying that he felt that the Teksims you uploaded were on level deeper than usual for Cinucen.

Are there any info about them - Maybe how late they were recorded in his life.

I'll listen to the songs you uploaded tomorrow. If I get excited now, I won't sleep :)

AmbroseBierce
27-09-2007, 00:31
Part 2.

AmbroseBierce
27-09-2007, 01:05
I'm sorry, Najib, all I have are the files. No info, nothing. Same is true for these songs. And yes, I had the same impression - these Taksims seem to be of a really special quality to me. Can't explain why, though, just a gut feeling.

Part 3 and 4 will follow tomorrow - there's some problem for me uploading right now.

AmbroseBierce
27-09-2007, 19:46
Part 3

AmbroseBierce
27-09-2007, 20:37
Part 4

AmbroseBierce
27-09-2007, 21:00
Part 5

AmbroseBierce
27-09-2007, 21:08
Part 6 - final

AmbroseBierce
01-10-2007, 01:28
Ha, I've struck a gold mine: here's more Cinucen, from a live concert at Konya, no further info available. He gives some spoken introductions though to some pieces - maybe the Turkish speakers here can get some info out of those.

AmbroseBierce
01-10-2007, 01:39
Part 2

AmbroseBierce
01-10-2007, 01:46
Part 3

AmbroseBierce
01-10-2007, 01:59
Part 4

AmbroseBierce
01-10-2007, 02:07
Part 5 - end of this set.

AmbroseBierce
07-10-2007, 16:10
Here's another cassette recording of Cinucen's - again that's all I know about it. Further info welcome!

AmbroseBierce
07-10-2007, 16:21
Part 2

AmbroseBierce
07-10-2007, 16:34
Part 3 - final part of this cassette

AmbroseBierce
07-10-2007, 16:52
Even more Cinucen: a collection under the title "Makamlarda Gezintiler":

AmbroseBierce
07-10-2007, 17:09
Part 2

AmbroseBierce
07-10-2007, 17:20
Part 3

AmbroseBierce
07-10-2007, 17:27
Part 4

AmbroseBierce
07-10-2007, 17:34
Part 5 - final part

And here is a list of his compositions:

http://www.turkmusikisi.com/cinucen_tanrikorur/cinucen_tanrikorur_eserleri.htm

graveszaw
21-10-2007, 00:18
thank u very much...

kostas82
28-10-2007, 16:06
Dear Paul, thank very very you from the deep of my heart !!! I went Istanbul to find like these recording of Cinucen and I did not found. Cinucen is in my heart, I like all about his music. He is the best musician for me! Thank you again, kostas.

kostas82
28-10-2007, 23:09
Hello! I have a cassete of Cinucen Tanrikorur with the title '' Cinucen Tanrikorur' un bestelerinde Yahya Kemal in the music of Cinucen Tanrikorur ". If you have not it tell me the way to put it here to the forum so as to download it ( I do not know how ).

AmbroseBierce
28-10-2007, 23:53
Hello! I have a cassete of Cinucen Tanrikorur with the title '' Cinucen Tanrikorur' un bestelerinde Yahya Kemal in the music of Cinucen Tanrikorur ". If you have not it tell me the way to put it here to the forum so as to download it ( I do not know how ).
You would have to digitalize it first. Unfortunately I have no experience in that - you'd have to connect your tape deck to the computer and have a program to digitalize analogue data into mp3 files. Once you've done this, everything is easy: click the reply button, write your message and scroll down a bit. You'll find another button "Manage Attachments". You click that one and search for the file there. Once you have selected the file(s), click "Upload" and wait. And wait. And wait. You can upload up to 5 files in one reply, but upload takes some time even if you have a fast connection, so better take two files in one go only.

29-10-2007, 11:20
I have just to add that, as a new member, kostas82 doesn't have the required privilege to upload files yet. This is the same for all new members about whom we don't know much. So, we give them limited privileges (they also can't open new threads of their own and their posts are subject to moderator's clearance before they can be seen by everybody) untill we get to know them better through their comments.

AmbroseBierce
03-11-2007, 02:04
Here are a couple of songs by Cinucen Tanrikorur and ensemble which kostas82 sent to me. Thanks, Kostas!

AmbroseBierce
03-11-2007, 02:17
The second part of Kostas' files:

03-11-2007, 17:16
Couldn't Kostas provide you with a minimum information on this stuff, at least, to have more precise titles for the different files other than the initials of the author/performer?

kostas82
04-11-2007, 20:08
Hello, I sent to Paul yestarday night the rest pieces and the contents of the tape. Soon he will put them here in the forum. The title of the cassette is '' Cinucen Tanrikorur' un
bestelerinde Yahya Kemal in the music of Cinucen Tanrikorur ".

AmbroseBierce
07-11-2007, 01:08
OK, here and in the next post are the remaining parts of this cassette of Kostas, including a cover scan. Note though that the song titles don't correspond to the parts uploaded here. I mean it is the same material but Kosts just cut the files into pieces and didn't cut them according to the titles given on the cover - he numbered them in the proper sequence though. So everything is here which is given on the cassette cover.

AmbroseBierce
07-11-2007, 01:19
The remaining parts are here. Somehow the .jpg won't load, even after trying three times. I'll try again tomorrow!

AmbroseBierce
07-11-2007, 01:29
OK, here are the cover scans. It took me some time to realize that there are limits of width for a jpg file, so I cut it into two.

tarun
05-01-2008, 02:29
Dear Ambrose and friends,
Many thanks for the music and all your research and comments about the great "Cinucen".
I was so shocked to hear about his death in 2000. I only came to know about it only few days back while navigating on the Internet. I had known him personaly as I organized few concerts for him and the Dervishes of the Konya for the first time in Rome, Italy in July-August 1980 in our "Festival Pan Asiatico di Musica e Danza".
He was such a beautiful and gracious soul and left a deep mark in my being. God and Allah bless his soul continuously living with us.
My warmest wishes and best thoughts to all the lovers and contributors of his music.
Tarun

AmbroseBierce
07-01-2008, 17:33
Tarun,

you haven't kept any recordings of these concerts, by chance?

Hattouma
08-01-2008, 10:39
Hello Tarun , indeed the best way to remember Cinucen is by sharing his music , that would be great .

Ambrose /kostas82 the tape you uploaded above is Cinucen's compositions ,but he's not playing in it if i understand correctly,( most of tracks have no 'ud !)

adamgood
09-01-2008, 23:15
My friend just forwarded this to me today:

LINK DELETED: NO OUTSIDE LINKS ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM!

Sounds like an informal gathering of people...and Kani Karaca and Cinuçen seeing how far they can go from Uşşak. REALLY cool and worth downloading.

3amr
10-01-2008, 06:11
Thanks for thinking of us, but is there any chance you can upload the individual files here?

Outside links are not allowed in this forum for obvious reasons (they may have content we cannot be responsible for, they are not permanent, and many member including myself cannot download from rapidshare for example...).

adamgood
10-01-2008, 12:14
hmmm it's just over 29 mb so i don't think it's possible, cut off seems to be 22mb?

anyone can download from Rapidshare, you don't need a login. You'll have to wait maybe 2 minutes from a timer that counts down but really anyone can use it.

Outside links not allowed? That seems a little extreme...if I find a nice web page with amazing information I can't post the link? I sort of understand but not really :)

any other ideas for the mp3?

kind regards,

Adam

Thanks for thinking of us, but is there any chance you can upload the individual files here?

Outside links are not allowed in this forum for obvious reasons (they may have content we cannot be responsible for, they are not permanent, and many member including myself cannot download from rapidshare for example...).

3amr
10-01-2008, 14:35
I didn't mean upload the whole archive, rather the individual tracks (or if it's one file, split in two perhaps, and if you can't do that, send the link to one of the members here who has good internet and sound editing options, try AmbroseBierce).

As for outside links, not any type of links, but rather specifically links to files or downloadables, or any music to be discussed in the site. Links to useful pages or websites can be placed in their proper place, or as help in a discussion, but I'm afraid music has to be uploaded here.
As for rapidshare, I'm sorry to tell you no, I can't download from rapidshare due to the nature of my internet connection (it thinks I'm perpetually downloading a file and never gives me a ticket), and many other people have the same problem, besides, having a thread about a file that has long since disappeared does seem to be pointless, whereas what is uploaded here stays for ever (hopefully).

The matter is: this isn't a file dump, or a file a sharing facility, this is a forum in the sense of the word forum: where discussions occur. In this sense, the policy is certainly not extreme, but rather very necessary.

dem
10-01-2008, 21:34
This is a wonderful record. I have listened this before.
This is recorded after a mevlevi ceremonial in Konya/Trkiye.
İt's a ''friendly'' competition between Cinuen and Kani and chief of jury is Aka Gndz Kutbay. Winer is Kani of course :)

Thank's again Adam.

adamgood
10-01-2008, 22:48
hmmm trying to upload the file here...not really understanding...almost there!!

Adam

AmbroseBierce
11-01-2008, 09:52
Adamgood, thanks for this file. Still, this forum's fundamental policy is not to allow outside links like rapidshare and the others. All files must be uploaded directly to zamanalwasl's server. Therefore I had to delete your link. Still, the music is here - cut into in two files.

I'll upload the second file tonight.

adamgood
11-01-2008, 11:21
Hi,
Thanks for helping me! That's the only file that I meant to upload, there's only one.

Now, go enjoy it! I know everyone will, very special.

Adam

AmbroseBierce
11-01-2008, 22:32
Yes, you just uploaded one file, but to preserve the sound quality I had to cut it into two pieces. The second part is here.

tarun
12-01-2008, 23:34
Dear Friends Ambrose Bierce and Hattouma,
Very Many thanks for kindly taking interest in my few humble words on this great forum.
I do have Cinucen's recordings of concerts perormed in Rome on 07/10/81 and 10/10/81.
My friend Alessio Alba was the director of this "Pan Asian Festival of Music and Dance" and I was the assistant director.The recordings are on the tape which I will transform into AUDIO CD and then to MP3. But the the final action of uploading them I don't know how to do that. These may be partial recordings as the person who was dealing with the recording and electronics was not very efficient. However there is good amount of music. As regards contents and the compositions of the music, I cannot be helpful as I am not a musician. Only experts can do that. I have great ear and sensitive soul for good music from all over the world but not the technical knowledge. Is there a way I can contact you by telephone or e-mail so that I can send you this music to be checked and uploaded. Please give me your kind advice. With my warmest wishes and best thoughts to you all.
Tarun

AmbroseBierce
19-01-2008, 12:13
Tarun has sent me a couple of wonderful files of Cinucen Tanrikorur which I'll upload in his name in this and the following posts.

All of the music was recorded at a couple of concerts in Rome Tarun had organized in the early 1980's.

AmbroseBierce
19-01-2008, 12:33
Here's more from Tarun:

AmbroseBierce
19-01-2008, 12:52
Now five pieces from one and the same private concert in Rome 1981 - all thanks to Tarun.

AmbroseBierce
19-01-2008, 13:06
Part 2 of Rome 1981

AmbroseBierce
19-01-2008, 14:56
3rd and final part.

19-01-2008, 18:49
Thank you both of you for these contributions. Just wanted to indicate tarun was admitted to the regitered member status right from the beginning and therefore has access to the normal privileges of posting attachements and opening new threads. Tarun, a pity you came ine after I left Rome

zeryab
19-01-2008, 23:56
its really great records , thanks Tarun & Paul
im trying to help with names of files & its not easy to know turkish maqams for me
===========

Cinucen

01- Taksim & Nahawand Saz Semai ( Mesut Cemil Bey )
02- Taksim
03- Hussaini & verious Maqam Taksim
-------------------

Private Concert Rome

01- Pesrev & Sharki ( Segah Maqam )
02- Hussaini Saz Semai ( Cinucen Tanrikorur )
03- Taksim & Sharki ( Shed Araban Maqam )
04/1- Sharki - Leila Ve Mecnun
04/2- Taksim & Nahawand Saz Semai ( Mesut Cemil Bey ) check first file
05- Part of ( Cinucen 03 ) file

tarun
21-01-2008, 00:11
My dear Friends,
The real credits should go to AmbroseBierce and Hattouma as they were the ones who encouraged me to share with you these precious pieces of Cinucen's music. In addition I am specially grateful to AmbroseBierce for taking pains to edit and upload this music for all of us. In future if I find more interesting things I will be more than happy to share these with you.
To the gentleman in Viena who lived in Rome and addressed few words to me, I am sorry also that we missed out each other. What is your name? You wrote it in Arabic which I must say with great displeasure that I don't know. Many thanks anyway for your kind thoughts.
With my warmest wishes and best thoughts to you all.
Tarun

21-01-2008, 01:02
To the gentleman in Viena who lived in Rome and addressed few words to me, I am sorry also that we missed out each other. What is your name? You wrote it in Arabic which I must say with great displeasure that I don't know. Many thanks anyway for your kind thoughts.
With my warmest wishes and best thoughts to you all.
Tarun

Abu 'Ala' (nickname), real name Mohsen, co-founder of this forum with Najib and Hattouma.

Hattouma
21-01-2008, 13:02
Thanks AmbroseBierce, Thanks Tarun ..and THanks Zeryab !

kostas82
23-01-2008, 22:58
In my turn, I would like to say thanks to Tarun, Adamgood and Paul for this great music!

dem
28-02-2008, 19:57
Beautiful taksim from C.Tanrıkorur and Doğan Ergin.

19-03-2008, 21:01
Esselamu Aleykhum ve rahmetullahu we barekatehu

Esselamu Aleykhum ve rahmetullahu we barekatehu

Dear sirs,

My name is Barihuda Tanrikorur. I am the wife and sole inheritor of the renowned Turkish master oud player and composer Cinucen Tanrikorur musical legacy. I live in Istanbul, Turkey and produce CD, DVD albums and videos of Ustad Cinucen Tanrikorur. I would like to inform your interested readers about the increasing number of videos available on YouTube of this artist performing his own music as well as taqsims which I have personally made. Soon there will be several new CD and DVD albums of this artist that will be released within the next few months.

Thank You,

Yours Truly

Barihda Tanrýkorur