PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Suzidil Saz Semaisi Resat Aysu

theoudman
15-03-2006, 13:29
This version of the semai is played by the 2 masters in Turkey today, Yurdal Tokcan and Goksel Baktagir

the file is here:
media. nacs.uci.edu/rgarfias/mp3/turkey/turkey-all.html

أبو علاء
15-03-2006, 13:39
Thanks for this post, oudman.

Najib
15-03-2006, 13:45
What is the CD?

I'm hoping to put a video of these two fantastic players, playing Psendid pesrev by Sultan Selim III

theoudman
15-03-2006, 14:55
This track wasnt from a cd, its from a friend of mines private collection

Hakem
15-03-2006, 17:09
Thanks! Sounds very sweet.

A peice with the similar title appears on the following CD. Can someone who has the CD verify the name of the peice, they sound different:

Kalan Müzik(102), 1998
Arşiv Serisi
Ud: Yurdal Tokcan
Kanun: Göksel Baktagir
Tanbur: Necdet Yaşar
Klasik Kemençe: Derya Türkan

5 mins later: This track is posted on the following site as MP3. But it would interesting to compare the one on that Kalan CD. If any one has, please put it.
http://media.nacs.uci.edu/rgarfias/mp3/turkey/turkey-all.html

Najib
15-03-2006, 17:23
it is the necdat yashar CD

AmbroseBierce
15-03-2006, 19:33
Ah, good to see that Robert Garfias has added Turkish music to his site. I used to go there for rare recordings of the wonderful Romanian singer Romica Puceanu (unfortunately she is outside the scope of this forum, but I can recommend her to every music lover - that is the tarab of the Balkans).

Najib
15-03-2006, 22:12
Can you at least hit me with the link to the romanian singer?

AmbroseBierce
16-03-2006, 00:36
With great pleasure:
http://aris.ss.uci.edu/rgarfias/kiosk/romica.html
To me she is Gypsy music at its best.

Hakem
16-03-2006, 15:21
thanks for that Paul, beautiful and full of energy. It is interesting to note that I am a believer that the Ibirian Gypsies have carried the Arabic tarab tradition, few of the maqams (Hijaz, Kurd, and Nahawand), and above all the imprvisation style till this present day. To the extent that Flamenco sounds more "eastern" than eastern European Gypsy music.

Najib
16-03-2006, 16:01
1st song Saraiman is 100% full Hicaz!

AmbroseBierce
16-03-2006, 17:27
I don't see much of Iberian tradition in Romica's singing, but being Romanian she must have been in very close contact to her Turkish "colleagues". So it doesn't seem strange to hear from Najib that the music is maqam-based, at least some of it.

But of course I agree with you, Hakem, that the gypsies carry on Arabic musical traditions. Their role as disseminators of cultural traditions has not been really honoured, and I think not been researched much at all. These people have been on the move since centuries, between India and Spain and the Maghreb, and up to Northern europe as well. And at least all over Eastern Europe, they were the ones responsible for music and others forms of entertainment (that of course didn't stop others to chase them away the day after the party).