PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Maqam 3ajam

3amr
17-03-2006, 09:27
I've noticed that this thread was not moving at all, which is such a pitty cosidering that the iraqi maqam is probably the only surviving tradition of arabic music that we have received in it's pure unadulterated form, free from western influence, and that has roots so far back in history, it's almost impossible to trace.

I have a particular soft spot for this art form, and this singer in particular: the great Yousef Omar.

I have attached a studio recording of The Maqam Ajam. He is accompanied I believe by the great joza player Sh'oubi Brahim, and sheikh Hashim Rajab on santur. (I have no other clue than the fact that they're his usual accompanists). The poem is magnificent and the singing is even more so.

Before this, I used to hate maqam ajam (much more so than Mr. Abu 3ala2), but while he said as I recall it was taha al fishny that got him to enjoy it, it was this particular recording that did it for me.

Hakem
17-03-2006, 15:11
Yes you are absolutly right! After all Iraq produced the musicology foundation of what we know now as "Arabic" and let us not forget Zeryab got his training in Baghdad before fleeing to Andalucia, and Al-Asfahni "Book of Songs" (Kitab Al-Aghani) is from the Abbasid era. I think this book marks the start of a systematic study of Arabic music, that perhaps no one picked up this study seriously till European orientalists of the 1800s.

Thank you for this. I have been listening to Munir Bashir this week, and thinking about the Iraqi Oud school in particular. I shall post something very soon.

3amr
18-03-2006, 20:01
you're welcome,

I just hope this was a good introduction to this very complicated art form.

I'm hoping to post other stuff here in the future, a bit heavier than this probably.

I am however afraid I can't be of much help with detailed explanations, I will however post the little I know about each piece, and hope to find answers to any particular questions anybody has.

Amr

أبو علاء
18-03-2006, 20:55
Thank you very much, 3amr, for your valuable contributions to this forum. You're of course right as far as this section is concerned and it's not the only sections that needs to be brought to life. In fact, when we opened this forum six months ago, we had quite a clear idea about the object, the scope, the shape, and detailed structure we wanted for this forum. But we were far from being able to supply all the sections with adequate material and we just hoped qualified learnered people would come in progressively and take care of all of them. I know it did took some time to happen, but here we are. AmbroseBierce has already taken charge of the Ottoman, Iranian and Central Asia Sections and he's doing an excellent job there. And now, you're making a good start here. All we need is a little patience and good will and I'm sure this forum will end up by fully playing the role we want it to have in this field.

3amr
18-03-2006, 21:50
You're more than welcome,

buy I'm afraid "qualified and learned" is a little too much for me when it comes to iraqi music.

I will try my best, but I must say that the only things I know regarding this music, and pretty much all my material comes from Mr.Awj back at the zeryab forum. The man's nothing short of an encyclopaedia when it comes to this stuff, which is much much more than I can say for myself.

I can however, relay any questions anybody might have that I can't answer, and probably get a good answer. (considering I'm terribly slow typing in arabic, most of my posts will be in english, which is unfortunate for the arabs here who don't understand this language, but should be useful for our foreign friends).

I hope to be of use here, and I'm terribly sorry for my lack of original material, after all, I am a 17 year old living in beirut, where the only music on the radio is either pop, rock, hip hop, or Haifa Wehbe and Nancy Ajram. No amount of resourcefulness could help me here.

Amr

أبو علاء
18-03-2006, 22:00
Don't worry, 3amr. The "qualified and learned" part was probably exaggerated for all of us. None of us really is. I just meant people who are acquainted enough with a given kind of classical Arab/orienal music such as is my own case with Egyptian classical music. I'm most pleased to know you are so young and yet so deeply interested in this kind of music. As for the language/typing problem, don't worry. This will only contribute to the multi-cultural character of this forum.

Hattouma
08-01-2007, 14:00
funny i also liked this one 3amr when i listened to few weeks ago ..the musicians and info you can find in the cd booklet in the following link

( i am not sure Hashim Rajab is in the players, but Sh'oubi surely is. :)
)

http://mcm.bois.free.fr/booklet260063.pdf

3amr
08-01-2007, 14:41
Thanks alot for the booklet, it's incredibly useful, although there are things I'm not sure are correct. In Mansuri for example, both meyanas are huseyni as far as I know, here they said the first is bayat, and they didn't mention what the second was.

Very useful nonetheless.

In case you don't own the CD, Abu Ala2 has uploaded this track in much higher bitrate in a separate topic.

Awj
08-01-2007, 15:09
شكرا أخي الحبيب حاتم على الرابط والطريف اني لم انتبه في البداية الى الترجمة باللغة الانجليزية الملحقة بالجزء الثاني ورأيت الترجمة الفرنسية فقط وجلست استحظر كل المفردات والجمل الفرنسية التي مرت علي في حياتي لفهم الموضوع وكانت مهمة شاقة جدا اشبه بتحضير الارواح انتهيت منها بنجاح محدود مكلل بالتعب لاجد بعدها الترجمة الانجليزية كاملة

للعبرة والموعظة للقارئين من بعدي ...

Hattouma
08-01-2007, 16:14
عندي نسخة من الأسطوانات و ملفات هنا:
the file and others from this cd are uploaded here:

http://www.zamanalwasl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1299
آسف نسيت أنبه الترجمة الانجليزية في الكتيب فهذا لموقف حدث لي من قبل
أما عن الأخطاء فشئ وارد و ممكن الأخ أوج يؤكد لنا
و ساأحاول أن أرفع المزيد من الكتيبات:)

Hattouma
08-01-2007, 16:27
i have put the link of all their cd''s booklets here

http://www.zamanalwasl.net/forums/showthread.php?p=12356#post12356

Awj
08-01-2007, 18:04
عندي نسخة من الأسطوانات و ملفات هنا:
the file and others from this cd are uploaded here:

http://www.zamanalwasl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1299
آسف نسيت أنبه الترجمة الانجليزية في الكتيب فهذا لموقف حدث لي من قبل
أما عن الأخطاء فشئ وارد و ممكن الأخ أوج يؤكد لنا
و ساأحاول أن أرفع المزيد من الكتيبات:)
بإعتقادي ان افضل التسجيلات المقامية ليوسف عمر من الناحية الفنية هي تلك التي سجلها خلال الستينات سواء مع فرقة جميل بشير او مع جالغي بغداد الحاج هاشم الرجب وشعوبي ابراهيم
أما عن الاخطاء ، كقراءة اولى لا اعتقد انها توجد بكثرة وميانتي مقام المنصوري تبتدأ بنغم البيات عند بداية الصيحة ثم تتحول الى الحسيني مع الابيات الشعرية
وفاة يوسف عمر كانت عام 1986 في الشهر السابع وعلى ما اتذكر تحديدا يوم 14 منه وليست عام 1987 كما ذكر في الرابط

3amr
08-01-2007, 18:38
و منكم نستفيد.

فعلا، تسجيلات يوسف عمر التي سمعتها له في المرحلة التي أشرت إليها (هل السيكاه المرفوع في صنع بسحر منها؟)، هي في غاية الجمال، و رغم أن من اللافت أن يوسف عمر كان يقدر على آداء المقام بدون نقص بما فيه من ميانات عالية حتى بعد أن زادت البحة في صوته (و هي لا تزعجني بقدر ما تزعج العائلة هنا كما أسلفت)، إلا أن للمقامات القديمة التي كان فيها بأوج قدراته الصوتية نكهة أخرى.