PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Roubaiyat el Khayam - Riad el-Sonbati

Hakem
23-03-2006, 02:39
The complete song, played on the Oud and sung by its composer Riad el-Sonbati. Offers a simple and different interpretation from that of Oum Kulthoum. He would have probably played it that way to Umm Kulthoum when he was "teaching" it to her!

Dedicated to Ambrose with gratitude to his energy, spirit and contributions.

Enjoy!

AmbroseBierce
23-03-2006, 10:11
Thanks a lot Hakem - still downloading the music. I'll comment on it soon.

Hattouma
23-03-2006, 11:15
Hakem .Thanks a lot for the file ..
.i am not in favour of putting direct links to such sites ...execuse me for removing it ..
Hatim

أبو علاء
23-03-2006, 12:10
Forgive me Hakem. I took the liberty of downolading your file and re-uploading it here after reducing the bitrate. I know this site and so many others and I use them for private exchanges, but I prefer to have any files for the forum uploaded here, if you don't mind. I haven't listed to the recording yet. But, assuming this is the commercial one, for the sake of comparison, I would suggest you listen to the private one I uploaded some time ago here:
http://www.zamanalwasl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416&page=5

Hakem
23-03-2006, 15:34
Thanks for uploading here. It was my intention, but the file exceeded the size of what I can upload on this forum so I had to resort to that. I don't know how to reduce the bite rate, and I don't how this affects the quality of sound.

Abu 3alaa: I shall listen to the one u suggested. Thank you.

أبو علاء
23-03-2006, 16:03
You're welcome. You can convert sound files between various formats including changing bitrate with the help of various software such as Mini-stream Ripper or Streambox Ripper as well as Batch Converter by Sonic Foundry. I don't think the quality is much affected if the original recording is of good quality.