Najib
24-03-2006, 17:16
سماعي بسته نيكر جميل عويس

Ney: Semir Seblini

Ud: Charbel Rouhana
Kanun: Iman Homsi
Riqq: Ali el Khatib
Tabla: Tony Anka

From a CD on Semir Siblini issued by En Chordais - Greece.

Enjoy!

Hakem
24-03-2006, 17:50
Very valuable series. Najib, could you please, whenever you have time, just write a complete list of their production?

Profound thanks

أبو علاء
24-03-2006, 18:32
What a nice sama'i! (I don't like the last khana, thogh) I'm listening to it for the first time. Thank you Najib.

Najib
24-03-2006, 18:40
Yeah me too,

Also I think they made a mistake chopping off the recording at the end.

The ending doesn't seem to be normal at all.

Still nice to see a good recording of Mr Oueiss' composition to surface after all these years!

AmbroseBierce
24-03-2006, 19:59
Very valuable series. Najib, could you please, whenever you have time, just write a complete list of their production?

Profound thanks

This is what I know En Chordais has published, though judging from the numbers, there might be more. But with these albums I know they are available at the time.

"Great Mediterranean Composers":
CD 1912 Zakharia Khanendeh - En Chordais Music Ensemble - Classical Near Eastern music from 18th century Constantinople
CD 1917 Khmayyis Tarnan - Ensemble Takht Musical de Tunis
CD 1918 Tanburi Isak - Bezmara Music Ensemble
CD 1919 Petros Peloponnesios - Music Ensemble En Chordais - Ottoman Music
CD 1920 Sayyed Darwish - Beirut Oriental Ensemble
CD 1921 Daoud Husni - El Hefny Music Ensemble
CD 1922 Abolhassan Saba - Hossein Omoumi

"Great Mediterranean Masters":
CD 1900 George Batzanos (Yorgo Bacanos) - 'Ud (without book)
CD 1903 Erol Deran - Kanun (without book)
CD 1915 Ahmed El Kalai - 'Ud
CD 1916 Dariush Tala'i - Setar & Tar
CD 1924 Samir Siblini - Nay
CD 1925 Misirli Ahmet - Percussion
CD 1926 Ihsan Özgen - Kemence, Tanbur & Cello

Hakem
25-03-2006, 12:17
Many thanks Paul for this list. Yes not all available, a French website says they will be available in May. However, Najib was able to get them from Salonika, Greece.

Najib
25-03-2006, 21:07
From the Great Mediterranean Masters serie:

Lambros Leontarides (Check my Greek posting of him), politiki Lyra CD 1938

Older stuff by En Chordais (that I also recommend a lot):

- Ixo Twv Kastrwn (Sounds of Castles) CD 1913
and
- Thalassa Thymisou (Sea of Memories) Double CD 1801 and 1802

Areti has got a couple more, we'll ask her to put them after Hakem and I force her to participate in Zaman al Wasl :-)

AmbroseBierce
25-03-2006, 21:34
Many thanks Paul for this list. Yes not all available, a French website says they will be available in May. However, Najib was able to get them from Salonika, Greece.

Everything mentioned in my short list (and tons of other interesting stuff) is available through Axel Elbin in Düsseldorf, Germany, who is specializing in Indian music and music of the Islamic World and has a fantastic catalogue. Unfortunately his website is not really operating yet, but you can contact him by email: info@Raga-Maqam-Dastgah.com
I recommend that guy as a supplier of music: He's fast, reliable and knows a lot about what he's selling.