PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Waslah from 3ammi Saleh

Najib
28-03-2006, 10:51
I just wonder how many long waslah like these have been preserved from Saleh Abdel Hay recording heritage.

I have uploaded before the Muhayyar (Cemil Bey) .... Gaddidy Waslah.

This one is Semai Huseyni Tatyos .... Sahil Goufoun ... Afrah Wissalak

Mohsen has heard a similar waslah from the Radio in Sanaa - Yemen recently.

Enjoy!

أبو علاء
28-03-2006, 11:33
I posted it a while ago in the waslah sticky, Najib: http://www.zamanalwasl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416

أبو علاء
28-03-2006, 11:45
Unbelievable! It's not the same recording. I mean it's exactly the same waslah but in a different version/recording.

Najib
28-03-2006, 11:47
if yours is cleaner I'll delete this one, or we replace.

You have the better ear, so please judge, also can you please mention the one that you heard in Sanaa maybe someone else has got it.

Thanks
Najib

أبو علاء
28-03-2006, 12:11
It's obvious you sent your last post before you read mine. Not only is this version a different one of the same waslah I previously posted, but it's of a comparable quality (musically speaking). What is more interesting is that I possess a third version of this dawr by Salih 'abdi-l-hay (but these two are better ones), which means it was one of the dawrs he liked most. The dawr, a 'abdi-r-rahim Al-maslub composition is indeed a nice one. In Kamil Al-khula'i compilation, it's classified as hsayni dukah (hence the use of Sama'i husayni as prelude in both instances). Yet, it seems to me that shuri is the dominant here. I would be interested in your own opinion, Najib, and in Frédéric's. By the way, we should tell Frédéric we contested his classification of 'ali-l-harith Maliki 'ana 'abdak (another tremendous piece of which we owe the discovery to Mr Lagrange) as nayruz.
P.S. The waslah at which Najib hinted was one preluded by Sama'i-l-'irayan with a layali and 'araka 'asiya-d-dam'i. I heard it on the Yemeni radio a couple of weeks ago when I was in Sana'a and I wasn't in a position to record it.

Najib
28-03-2006, 12:15
Interesting coincidence!

I'm so happy that I'm going through my bag of cassettes again!!

Why did he classify it as Husseyni Doukah? I mean the normal Karar for Houseyni is Doukah. Houseyni is enough and clear as a name.

Strange.

I'll come back to you on the other stuff.

أبو علاء
28-03-2006, 12:20
I would have thought the normal base (irtikaz) for husayni is husayni (that is la), not dukah, isn't it?

Najib
28-03-2006, 12:31
I alway think "dominant" and "karar" of course the dominant is huseyni the note that forces its name on the whole maqam, but the Karar is Doukah.

This is why I thought it's a bit strange to say Huseyni-Doukah.

I'm not an expert anyway, you know that :-)

Hattouma
28-03-2006, 13:04
I told you najib ..every recording will be different it is obvious ""saleh was lazy "" :) records the same dawrs /waslas often but every performance is different ofcourse :)

Unvelievable! It's not the same recording. I mean it's exactly the same waslah but in a different version/recording.