PDA

مشاهدة جميع الاصدارات : Yusuf Bilgin et al. - Quran recitation

AmbroseBierce
04-04-2006, 00:16
I'm not very well versed in music relating to this section, but today I was deeply moved listening to some recitation of verses from the Quran by the three Turkish cantors Yusuf Bilgin, Fevzi Misir and Bekir Sitki Sezgin. So I thought I'd share this with you.

Najib
04-04-2006, 10:55
Wonderful indeed, I think I like this style more than Karaca's. It is more prolific with makam use.

I will put some by Karaca soon.

What is the CD?

Najib
04-04-2006, 11:03
This is also from the Mevlana CD that you told me about in the Turkish section.

It seems an order with Axel is goint to be unavoidable!

3amr
04-04-2006, 19:57
OH DEAR, any more of this and I'm turning Sufi.

well, amazing reading, and an even more amazing choice of makam for each phrase.

if the order of naming is the same as the order of reading, my comments are:

Yusuf Reminds me of Hafiz Ismail Hakki's voice.
Fevzi has a bit of Hafiz Suleiman somewhere in his voice.
as for Bekir Sidki Sezgin, I don't know what to say, well, the more the merrier :D.

PS: I won't be turning sufi anytime soon, so go ahead and post more.

AmbroseBierce
04-04-2006, 23:45
This is also from the Mevlana CD that you told me about in the Turkish section.

It seems an order with Axel is goint to be unavoidable!

I fear I got this CD on Ebay - actually my main supplier of music! You need patience though to wait for the treasures to turn up.

أبو علاء
05-04-2006, 01:26
I haven't listened to your files yet, Paul. You know how the forum is these days. I simply can't cope with it all. But, I'll certainly do. Without pushing it to a strict ban, our policy is not to indulge in posting many Quran recitations because there's a very good forum (in terms of quantity and quality of the exchanged files) dedicated to the subject. However, there's no harm in dropping one from time to time, especially when it is an outstanding performance. Besides, some of the forum members, in particular, non-Arab ones might not be acquainted enough with this art. Yet, along with 'inshad, this is the utlimate stronghold of authentic Arabic vocal art using the large wealth of maqams, vocal techniques, ornamentation...etc. There have been so many big names in the last seventy years or so (the oldest recordings date back to sometime in the thirties as far as I'm aware). Many of them are our contemporaries. I would like to share with both you and 3amr (and whoever else interested) this couple of files of my favourite Quran reciter. His name is Muhammad 'abdi-l-wahab Tantawi. Born in 1947 and still active. I chose two of his most compelling performances, but I have a large collection of his recitations amounting to a two figures number of hours. These recordings were made in the nineties on the occasion of funeral ceremonies, which explains the sound quality.

Hattouma
28-08-2006, 13:56
reciter. His name is Muhammad 'abdi-l-wahab Tantawi. Born in 1947 and still active. I chose two of his most compelling performances, but I have a large collection of his recitations amounting to a two figures number of hours. These recordings were made in the nineties on the occasion of funeral ceremonies, which explains the sound quality.

I only listened to These Tantawys files a couple of weeks ago ...WONDERFUL !!!!!!

أبو علاء
28-08-2006, 14:13
I have so many more! I could send to you some of them in private.

dem
17-12-2006, 13:45
Thanks for uploading and sharing.
Can somebody upload cover of album or full name.
Thanks again.
Best wishes...