عرض النتائج 1 إلى 8 من 8
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2006
    الإقامة
    Paris, France
    المشاركات

إفتراضي Manyalawi - Yehram 3alayya anzor gheirak (Gramophone)

Another 2 side gem by shaykh Yusuf, dor huzam "Yehram 3alayya anzor gheirak", composition attributed to al-Maslub.
    Notice the madhhab is sung as a ghusn in this rendition of a pre-classical dor, an "easy piece" that is transfigured by the various ahaat Manyalawi performs. This [wrongly] gives the feeling that 2 adwar are sung.
    The state of the record is bad (january 1908 series, which is not the best), and needed heavy filtering which gives the sound a slightly metallic quality. "sada" version provided as well.

يحرم علي أنظر غيرك / من بعد حبك يا عيني
    وازداد وجدي وشجوني / دا كان هواك وعد علي

تعيش وتهجر أمثالي / ويعيش جمالك للدنيا
    لا بد مرة تصفالي / والصد يصبح كالرؤيا
    الملفات المرفقة الملفات المرفقة
    آخر تعديل بواسطة fredlag@noos.fr ، 12-01-2008 الساعة 13:50

تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2005
    الإقامة
    Vienna, Austria
    المشاركات

إفتراضي

لقد رأينا صورا مختلفة للّتعامل مع الأدوار المماثلة لهذا الدّور من أدوار الحقبة الأولى بين اختيار محمّد سالم العجوز في غناء يا حليوه يا مسلّيني التّصرّف والتّلوين إلى أقصى حدّ يمكن أن يتصوّره إنسان دون الخروج عن حدود الجملة الأصليّة بالتّوسّع أو بالزّيادة، وبين اختيار عبد الحي حلمي أو صالح عبد الحي في جدّدي يا نفس حظّك أو على روحي أنا الجاني ؛ ومع أنّ هذا الجملة اللّحنيّة هنا تبدو لي أبلغ وأثرى منها في يا حليوه أو يا ما اسعد الصّبحيّه، وأعتقد أنّها تحمل إمكانات واسعة للتّطوير والتّوسّع، فإنّ الشّيخ يوسف اختار طريقا ثالثة بإقحام آهاته الاعتراضيّة الطّويلة (تستغرق المجموعة الأولى قرابة الدّقيقة وأربعين ثانية) حيث لا آهات ليحمّلها تصرّفاته وتلاوينه، وهو اختيار جماليّ قابل للنّقاش على الأقلّ من حيث تطبيقه، وما آخذه عليه هنا هو أنّه قد كسر وحدة الجملة الافتتاحيّة وأفسد علينا متعة اكتشافها والاستمتاع بما تحمله في ذاتها من طرب، وكم كنت أخيّر أن يختصر الآهات الأولى عند الحدّ الّذي لا يخرم نظام جملة المذهب ويتبسّط في الثّانية ما شاء لاسيما أنّ جملة الغصن هي نفس جملة المذهب مع توسّعه في الجملة نفسها من خلال تلوين الرّاست البديع في "تعيش وتهجر أمثالي ويعيش جمالك للدّنيا".
    ليس في رأيي هذا ما يقلّل من "حيلة" المنيلاوي ووعيه الفنّيّ أو ما يتّهمه بالحشو الزّائد، ولنا أن نتساءل عن سرّ اختياره المفاجئ وما إذا كان اختيارا حِلْمَويّا آنيّا من أوحى له به مزاجه ساعة التّسجيل أم أنّه اختيار مبيّت للخروج عن نسق مألوف متوقّع دون أن نملك الجواب، لكنّ هذا الاختيار في رأيي جعل الدّور "مقلوبا" هيكليّا حجب عنّا الجملة الأصليّة وصادر "حقّها" في إحداث الفعل الطّربيّ بذاتها قبل إضافة المؤدّي وإبداعه.
    أبو علاء

تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2006
    الإقامة
    Paris, France
    المشاركات

إفتراضي

I get your point that Shaykh Yusuf "obscures" in a way the initial madhhab sentence. I imagine those pieces were so well known and rehearsed that a singer sometimes felt he had to completely move the structure to arouse his audience's interest in over-repeated adwar everybody knew by heart. I get the feeling of listening to a "double-feature" of this dawr, actually. Comparing this rendition with SAD's next week will provide more insight into the structure of the madhhab and the possible additions.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2005
    الإقامة
    Vienna, Austria
    المشاركات

إفتراضي

إقتباس المشاركة الأصلية بواسطة fredlag@noos.fr مشاهدة مشاركة
    I imagine those pieces were so well known and rehearsed that a singer sometimes felt he had to completely move the structure to arouse his audience's interest in over-repeated adwar everybody knew by heart.
    You"re of course right and this is another instance where the listener's reaction is determined by his/her specific background. Would this have been another dawr well known to me, this remark on the structural shift wouldn't have been as much important or, at least, would have been made with a different valuation.
    أبو علاء

Bassio Guest

إفتراضي

If this dor is over-repeated, then maybe Manyalwi faced the "Abdel Hleem Hafez" dilemma .. in which he complains "aghanny adeem wana eh zanby"

Maybe he was bored as his listeners from the oft-repeated verses and tune (maybe to the degree that he does not want to develop it anymore) .. so he just executes this rare move.

Notice the ahat themselves: they do not hold any particular new melodic content on their own despite their length .. I heard the same ahat used by Hilmi, they maybe even used by Manyalwi himself somewhere. This makes me lean more towards that they are on-the-spot .. (maybe with just a prepared intent just before the recording session) .. just out of complete boredom.

Even the famous "slide down the scale notes" trick is thrown in once here (I went crazy over these when I first heard them in Kadnylhawa that I literally slowed the recording to know what he does with them) .. he mastered them to the degree he can fix them anywhere he wants.

Which also makes me wonder who is the origin of these "Ahat Cliches" esp. the ones who were used by many artists .. was it Hamuli?!

تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2006
    الإقامة
    Paris, France
    المشاركات

إفتراضي

@ Bassio
    I'm not sure there's any point in trying to find out who first invented those ahaat melodic clichés, Hamuli, Uthman or Manyalawi himself, but I totally agree with you concerning the fact that there is a limited stock of melodic phrases used in a/ ahaat and b/ hank sections (for instance, note how Abd al-Hayy's hank on "qul-li 3aleih qul-li" in "El-hobb sabbahni 3adam" is actually the same formulaic sentence (melodically and rythmically) also used in gaharkah in "ana qalbi 3aleik 3aleik qalbi" in dawr "Fel-bo3d-e Yama"), that singers feel free to adapt to various modes and use ad-lib in their renditions. There are also formulaes that are more specific to a singer, and Manyalawi certainly has his own lexicon of idiosyncrasies, such as those ahaat, similar to many others in his performances.

Bassio Guest

إفتراضي

That is right Fred. I am always fascinated by the ahat. I don't know why. And I am not sure if it is an unhealthy thing? ;-)

Of course we can't find out who the composer is, and I was not asking literally .. but I was just wondering and imagining .. how these things originated, since they became a sort of vocabulary in the practice performance of that golden age.

Pardon my listening experiences (affected by Western music) .. but to me, even the least of a trick can have a huge effect, since I not only listen maqam-wise but also note-wise or melody-wise (in its western sense).

That is why I believe they are great devices (even if those of you who are veterans in listening to eastern music think they are mere ornaments), and this appears later when time progressed to premade Ahat .. with Darwish, Zakaria and Hosny. Every one of the previous have delightful additions.

Bassio Guest

إفتراضي

إقتباس المشاركة الأصلية بواسطة أبو علاء مشاهدة مشاركة
    لقد رأينا صورا مختلفة للّتعامل مع الأدوار المماثلة لهذا الدّور من أدوار الحقبة الأولى بين اختيار محمّد سالم العجوز في غناء يا حليوه يا مسلّيني التّصرّف والتّلوين إلى أقصى حدّ يمكن أن يتصوّره إنسان دون الخروج عن حدود الجملة الأصليّة بالتّوسّع أو بالزّيادة، وبين اختيار عبد الحي حلمي أو صالح عبد الحي في جدّدي يا نفس حظّك أو على روحي أنا الجاني ؛ ومع أنّ هذا الجملة اللّحنيّة هنا تبدو لي أبلغ وأثرى منها في يا حليوه أو يا ما اسعد الصّبحيّه، وأعتقد أنّها تحمل إمكانات واسعة للتّطوير والتّوسّع، فإنّ الشّيخ يوسف اختار طريقا ثالثة بإقحام آهاته الاعتراضيّة الطّويلة (تستغرق المجموعة الأولى قرابة الدّقيقة وأربعين ثانية) حيث لا آهات ليحمّلها تصرّفاته وتلاوينه، وهو اختيار جماليّ قابل للنّقاش على الأقلّ من حيث تطبيقه، وما آخذه عليه هنا هو أنّه قد كسر وحدة الجملة الافتتاحيّة وأفسد علينا متعة اكتشافها والاستمتاع بما تحمله في ذاتها من طرب، وكم كنت أخيّر أن يختصر الآهات الأولى عند الحدّ الّذي لا يخرم نظام جملة المذهب ويتبسّط في الثّانية ما شاء لاسيما أنّ جملة الغصن هي نفس جملة المذهب مع توسّعه في الجملة نفسها من خلال تلوين الرّاست البديع في "تعيش وتهجر أمثالي ويعيش جمالك للدّنيا".
    ليس في رأيي هذا ما يقلّل من "حيلة" المنيلاوي ووعيه الفنّيّ أو ما يتّهمه بالحشو الزّائد، ولنا أن نتساءل عن سرّ اختياره المفاجئ وما إذا كان اختيارا حِلْمَويّا آنيّا من أوحى له به مزاجه ساعة التّسجيل أم أنّه اختيار مبيّت للخروج عن نسق مألوف متوقّع دون أن نملك الجواب، لكنّ هذا الاختيار في رأيي جعل الدّور "مقلوبا" هيكليّا حجب عنّا الجملة الأصليّة وصادر "حقّها" في إحداث الفعل الطّربيّ بذاتها قبل إضافة المؤدّي وإبداعه.
    What you are referring to abu-alaa is indeed well-known and discussed. And I have read about it and discussed it a lot but in the course of interpretation of western music. But it appears that it applies here too - the fact that the dor is a large song with some complex underlying architecture with a huge dependence on the execution and abilities of the performer, this makes it prone to this dilemma. It is the careful balance between "spontaneity" and "overall picture or concept" of a piece.

Some take the former approach, and some take the latter.

Give a more formal version and preserve the "overall concept", but you might end accused of being rigid. Throw in some excessive spontaneity and you may end up with compromising the "overall picture". The masters only however can achieve both in the same interpretation, which is very difficult.

It is a very interesting topic. But it all ends with one word .. THE TASTE. Which one prefers which approach. Just like last week when we were discussing Fel Bo3d yama when I preferred Hilmi's and I found it had more structure (on the other hand I still did not grasp Manyalawi's more florid approach).

قوانين المشاركة